Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylory
Beginner July 2014

How many bottles do you think i will need :)

Taylory, 3 June, 2012 at 12:41 Posted on Planning 0 7

OK so i think we are going to go for pimms for our arrival drink

we are going to invite 77 people but would say 60 to turn out Smiley smile

so spoken to the manager of our reception ans he is more than happy to let us bring our own drinks for out arrival drinks.

After discussing with my fussy partner we have agreed on Jugs of pimms. We did talk about bucks fizz or asti but he dont really like either so pimms it is .

So my question is how many bottles will i need? i am guessing a bottle will spread between 3 jugs esp after the fruit and lemonade . Also guessing that a jugs will be enough for 4 people?

so i have 77 people 15 of who our children .

I will be given the children shloer i think. so i need to work out for 62 people ( thats if all turn up).

So from my calcution i think i need about 6 bottles if thats goes between 3 jugs and each jug goes between 4 people.

So with 6 bottles should go between 72. Does this sound about right ?

esp if i get a few bottles of shloer for the children Smiley smile

Just dont want anyone to go without a drink Smiley smile Thanks for any help Smiley smile

7 replies

Latest activity by lurvlytwink, 3 June, 2012 at 16:58
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Sounds good and if you get Aldi's version of it for £5.99 you can get a few more bottles to be safe?

• Taylory
    Beginner July 2014
    Taylory ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking to get a cheaper alternative and i have heard aldis were ment to be very good and taste is very close to pimms.

There is a bar so i dont need to worry about the other drinks just want a drink for everyone on arrival Smiley smile

Maybe should get a couple more bottles for just in case x

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

I never thought of taking our own reception drink,are they charging you a corkage charge? we can take our own wine for the tables but have the corkage charge (still cheaper though)

Sorry just being nosey and not much help, the maths has baffled me lol.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

It wouldn't hurt for that price and worst case you can take them home after ?

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I would get a few more just to be sure but your maths sounds good!!

S x

• Taylory
    Beginner July 2014
    Taylory ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nope no corkage charge Smiley smile but then we are having it in a pub that my MIL works in so they are doing us a favour x

• weemee
    Beginner July 2012
    weemee ·
    • Hide content

The cheap Tesco version (Jeeves i think) is really good too and half the price of normal Pimms too. ?

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

The aldi £5.99 is exactly the same in taste...i enjoyed a bottle friday afternoon Smiley smile (with friends...i suddenly sounded like an alky!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics