Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lil_kel
Beginner September 2013

how many bridesmaids???

lil_kel, 12 October, 2010 at 11:33 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi everyone,

well im having a bit of trouble deciding on the number of bridesmaids to have. Were having 65 to the wedding and day reception and 130 in the evening and having the whole day at a lovle hotel.

So, do you think 4 adult bridesmaids and 1 flower girl is too much?

Also, are you supposed to have the same amount of ushers/groomsmen as bridesmaids?

thanks

Kelly xx

15 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 13 October, 2010 at 10:49
  • sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think that is too much bridesmaids, I think I will be having 3 adults and 2 children and my son as pageboy (he will be 10), as for the ushers/groomsmen, it doesnt matter on how many bridesmaids your having, i think tradionally you have an usher for every 50 guests?! but just go with what you want x

• Chez2k
    Beginner October 2010
    Chez2k ·
    • Hide content

We had 67 at the wedding.

We had 3 adult bridesmaids and 2 little ones. 2 pageboys. 5 ushers.

I didn't even question if it was too many. It was just what I wanted.

Have whatever you want and don't worry about it.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kel, this doesnt sound to much at all. I am having the same numbers in the day, and I have 4 adult bridesmaids, 4 flower girls, a best man, 4 ushers a page boy and a partridge in a pair tree lol! x

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 65 (well, 96 but shhh) to the day and 120 ish for the reception and i've got 3 grown up bridesmaids, my stepdaughter (will be 8) as chief bridesmaid and my niece/nephew (not born yet) as flower girl / pageboy.

h2b isnt having any ushers- but our brpthers (3 of them ) will act as ushers (but wont be in matching suits etc)

so no, i dont think it matter and i dont think its too many! xx

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS!

Seriously - there's no rule, so do whatever you want.

• lil_kel
    Beginner September 2013
    lil_kel ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guy's! put my maind at ease as always!

kelly xx

• lil_kel
    Beginner September 2013
    lil_kel ·
    • Hide content

That was ment to say mind btw xx

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

We are having three Bridesmaid, 2 Pageboys, and 2 ushers ? x It's all down to persoanl preference though, as it's your day so do what you would like x

• kenzie3
    Dedicated August 2023
    kenzie3 ·
    • Hide content

My bridal party is HUGE!!!!!

I have 1 MOH, 4 BM, and 2 FG, and not forgeting my 3 PB, these are my 4 children, my 4 sisters and OH neice and nephew. i would say go with what you want.

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

I don't think that there is a required number..... but just a word of caution alot of things can happen in 3 years and the people you would like to ask now may be different to the people you would choose closer to the time....

One of my best friends who i thought would be a bridesmaid no longer talks to me.....

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

Have as many as you want!! ?

I was going to have 4 bridesmaids but have dropped one so we've now got 2 ushers, best man, 3 bridesmaids, 2 page boys and a flowergirl.

(There is only 50 coming to the day including us and wedding party)

• LollyB
    Beginner September 2010
    LollyB ·
    • Hide content

I second what everyone else has said about having as many as you want!!

We had 100 to the day and 150 to the evening and I ended up with 9 bridesmaids. I got used to the raised eyebrows and crys of surprise I got from people when they found out I was having so many and didn't take any notice of it!! I have been a bridesmaid 7 times myself so it was no surpise to me that I ended up having so many! In fact on the day itself it looked FAB!!! It can get pricey tho, but my girls (and the parents of the younger ones) all chipped in towards apsects of there outfits so it worked out fine. There is no way I could have had 1 or 2 of them, for me it was a case of I have them all or none at all and I didn't fancy walking down the aisle all on me Todd!!!

We only had 2 ushers so I dont think you have to have the same number of men to girls.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

No not at all, im having 2 flower girls (ages 4 & 7) then my niece who will be 10 and 2 adults bridesmaids.

OH has BM plus 2 ushers!

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Not too much at all.

Im having 80 in the day and 150 plus at night.

I have MOH, CB, 4 BMs (age 8-14) 1 flowergirl, and two page boys! I must be mad!! lol?

But as others have said dont care if that is too many, I have all the people i wanted and love.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

One of my Brides next year is having 9 Bridesmaids!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics