Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner May 2014

How many bridesmaids?

ClaireMcewan, 27 of May of 2013 at 06:18 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi everyone!

Some advice please!

In the throws of engagment excitement I ended up asking 5 friends to be Bridesmaids, after cooling off and coming back to reality I now have 3 (2 very old bestfriends and my young cousin) and 1 flower girl. However 2 of my friends I originally asked I would love to have bridesmaids on the day but that makes 5 and I feel its too many, wedding is taking place in a hotel suite only big enough for 60 guests, plus me and h2b.

So I need an outside opinion as me and my brain are tired of worrying and thinking about the whole matter.

60 guests + 5 bridesmaids (4 adults & a 6 year old) IS THIS TOO MANY?

Help appreciated!

Big thanks xxx

15 replies

Latest activity by EmmaM88, 27 of July of 2013 at 11:07
  • K
    Dedicated August 2014
    kay22mms ·
    • Hide content

HI I don't think this is too many I've got 60 guests and 6 bridesmaids. I think I got a bit carried away with the excitement and most of our wedding guests will be all dressed up (groom having 2 best men!) did forget about the cost though oops!

• Mrs*M
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs*M ·
    • Hide content

It's hard to say as only you know the relationship you have with them, if its what you really want then I don't think it's too many. I totally understand the excitement of wanting to ask people, my OH told me to sit on it at the time and then make a choice when the initial buzz passed (which was good as I was so excited I'd probably have asked the postman at one point) now I have 2 and feel totally comfortable with my choice.

One thing I would consider is cost and what you are planning on paying for, I wanted to pay for everything such as dress, shoes, hair, make up and jewellery and having 2 allowed me to do that. If I had 4 or 5 I wouldn't be able to and would have had to ask them to contribute in some way. The cost when you add all the extras can quickly mount up!

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married in a hotel, I have 58 day guests (included me and h2b)

I have 3 adult bridesmaids and 3 flowergirls - doesnt feel too many at all. Have as many as you like or want.

• M
    Beginner January 2015
    murphy88 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the above - only you know your relationship with them - would you regret if they wern't your bridesmaids?

If your still unsure, you could be really untraditional and have them as your ushers, or have them do a reading so they are still part of your special day.

I am having 80 guests and 3 adult bridesmaids - my sis and OHs sisters as I don't have any best friends that i want in the bridal party - just guests!

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes this!! Totally agree.

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

Nope sounds fine to me.

Have as many as you like/afford

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

Hello Smiley smile

We have 3 adult Bridesmaids, my 3 best friends and then 3 wee flower girls (nieces will be age 3,6 and 7)

Smiley smile

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I think you should have as many or as little as you want as long as all the people mean something to you.

I'm a great believer in 'it's your wedding, do whatever you want!'.

• MarkSharma
    Beginner May 2014
    MarkSharma ·
    • Hide content

If you love them then join them in ur club....its fine....

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    LadySunshine14 ·
    • Hide content

I agree you should have as many as you want. I'm having 2 adults and 3 children

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

Of course not, go for it! I have 9 adults, a junior & a flower girl! My day, my way Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner May 2014
    SunnyPink14 ·
    • Hide content

It is your choice, it's your wedding & it's your money. The more bridesmaid you have, the more it will cost you.

There's no rule about having the number of bridesmaids per the total number of guests. I'm planning to have 0 bridesmaid as I'd rather have flower girls & page boys.

You need to do what makes you happy. Bridesmaid or not, close friends & family will still be there to help you on your big day Smiley smile

JB x

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I think it's fine as long as they're people you really want to be a special part of your day and you're fine with the cost of it all buying them dresses etc Smiley smile
    As for numbers though I think it's whatever people want, i'm only have 1 but very small wedding and don't even have a flower girl as we don't have any young girls in the family boo x

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

I posted something similar a while a go and the general response back was have as many as you like!!! Bear cost in mind but if you want all 5, have all 5, you'll only probably regret it later.

I originally went for 2 plus 2 flowergirls (for 50/60 daytime guests). But really regretted not asking another friend who I didn't ask because of numbers/friendship groups - after some advice from fellow hitchers I decided to add her - I'm meeting up with her in a couple of weeks and waiting ask her in person and tell her I was an idiot for not asking her in the first place ?

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

Its entirely up to you! I could have had 9 if I wanted but a bit of a logistical nightmare with distances. As it stands probably just get left with one and not bothering with flower girls or page boys just another expense.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics