Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Eskimo329
Beginner May 2015

How many bridesmaids

Eskimo329, 23 of March of 2014 at 17:56 Posted on Planning 0 23

I need a ill bit of advise please ladies .....

we are planning on having 50 ppl to the ceremony and meal with additional ppl in the eve. My OH is only having a best man and no ushers. I really want 3 of my best friends as bridesmaids but OH thinks that this is too many for just 50ppl. I've already asked 2 of them who are my closest friends and the other I am her maid of honour unexpectedly and we have got closer than ever.

What do you girls think. Is 3 too many?

xx

23 replies

Latest activity by broganj, 25 of March of 2014 at 17:16
  • *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

You can have as many as you like. We're only having 20 daytime guests and having 2 BM's, started with one then added a friend on.

3 seems fine for a wedding of 50 to me!

Oh and my OH is only having a best man and no ushers too.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 2 and there will be 32 of us in total. 3 sounds fine to me.

• N
    Beginner August 2014
    Namorada ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 5 for 70 day/100 evening guests. Was only going to have 4 but just had to ask my friend as I couldn't possibly leave her out!

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 2 and we have 30 day guests. Wasn't going to have any but I want my two best friends to be in the wedding party.

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it's too many at all, but then again, we have 140ish guests and have:

4 BMs, 3 FGs, 2 Ushers, 1 Best Man and 2 female Ushers, so I'm probably not the best person to ask, haha!

An insane number, I know, but there you go! Smiley smile

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

We've got 65 guests and I have a bridesmaid, two flower girls, a ring bearer and a pageboy who is my ring security guard so I think 3 bridesmaids is fine ?

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Could you ask the 3rd girl to do a reading, hand out programs/confetti or be an usher instead? For the ceremony, it will look a odd with 1 best man & 3 BM's IMO! One could stand on the other side to even things up, but also might look like she is your husbands Bridesmaid! Completely up to you, but I'd stick with the 2. Does you OH have someone else he could ask to be a best man?

I only had 1 for a 60 guest wedding, but there are no rules about it

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

Sounds fine. I have 64 guests and 3 big bm's and 2 little ones. After the ceremony they're just 'guests' really

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Hi

i also think 3 is fine. I'm having 3 bms and 2 fg's (was only supposed to be 2 bms as I thought I was having a lot but mum got involved lol!) and we are having no more than 40 day guests. Oh was having 2 best men and 2 ushers but isn't having the ushers anymore (looooooong story lol!)

xx

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    S2BMRSB ·
    • Hide content

I think 3 is a lovely amount. I am having 5 bm and my three sisters are 'brides assistants' (almost like junior bm) so they are included. I was very worried about this for ages then I read somewhere one groom said to his bride as she was worried she had too many bm that if there biggest problem was she had too many good friends they were a very blessed couple. I just thought yes I am a lucky girl to have so many people I love so much in my life, why not celebrate that by having them near me! Have as many as you want up there with youSmiley smile

Oh and we are only having 70 guests.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I definitely don't think 3 is too many!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

3 is fine! I initially wanted 2, but then I ended up with 4! I am chuffed though, 4 is enough for me! One is my little sister and the other 3 are my best mates Smiley smile

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Definitely not too many!

I've got 9 (including 2 flower girls) and we've only got 70 guests. Probably a bit of overkill but never mind!!

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

If you want 3, have 3. It's not a ridiculous amount at all and I've never known anyone say there were too many bridesmaids to the amount of guests. If you wanted 8 or something then he may have had a point. The only thing I'd factor in to consideration is costs for dresses etc but there are ways round all of that too.

• T
    Beginner January 2015
    Tamsal ·
    • Hide content

When it is about your wedding I think there is no "rules" , I mean the most important thing is that you enjoy your day. So 3 or 2 BM what is the difference really?

• Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

You are right tamsel...there should be no rules just how wewant it. Trouble is my OH is a bit ocd with the numbers no matching.

3 it is :-)

• Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

Don't understand why the post above came up in my old username and said id just joined???...weird

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

We are having 50 guests as well and I have 3 bridesmaids,one flower girl and a paige boy. Oh has best man and two ushers. Have whatever makes u happy xx

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

3 is absolutely fine. I have ended up with 7! (Ouch says my bank account).

I'd like to find someone with more than 7 to make me feel a little less like I'm creating my own episode of Gipsy weddings. Smiley smile

• broganj
    Dedicated January 2017
    broganj ·
    • Hide content

I can't beat bex_boo but I'm having 3 Bridesmaids, a Man of Honour and a pageboy. OH has got a Best Man and 7 Ushers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics