Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2015

How many bridesmaids/ushers are you having?

Sian15, 26 October, 2012 at 11:10 Posted on Planning 0 36

I have a selection of close friends who i couldn't possibly choose a few from. So i have quite a large number in mind ?
How many did you have/planning to have?

36 replies

Latest activity by Cette2301, 29 October, 2012 at 13:53
  • R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

I have 3 adult bridesmaid, 2 flower girls, a best man, 2 ushers and a pageboy.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I have 2 bridesmaids, both best friends from school.

OH is having his brother as Best Man, his two best school friends as ushers, and his best uni mate as an usher/toastmaster.

• rubyfirecracker
    Beginner November 2013
    rubyfirecracker ·
    • Hide content

I have 2 grown up bridesmaids (my sister and OHs sister). My other sister who has learning disabilities is refusing to be bridesmaid *no thanks, not bothered* but will prob change her mind on the day, haha. We have my neice as lollipop (not flower) girl and our two nephews as little best men.

Personally, I'm not a fan of large bridal parties - any more than 4 bridesmaids gets a bit silly, but thats just me Smiley smile X

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Originally 3 adult bridesmaids plus flower girl, and 1 best man + 4 ushers.

Now though it's 4 adult bridesmaids.

Quite enough IMO and I wish I had less... I only added a BM because the others were being rubbish.

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

I had 4 adult bridesmaids. My friend had 6 adults and 1 child.

I think larger numbers can look ok (up to a point) but look better in churches. This is just my opinion though. You should go with however many you want/can afford.

• BowlingBride
    Beginner September 2012
    BowlingBride ·
    • Hide content

I had 6, i was going to have 4 but apparently my cousins really wanted to be bridesmaids so i thought why not. It didnt look odd at all have as many as you like, its not everyday you get married but you may want to think about budget if your paying for all the dresses!

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

2 bridesmaids and 1 best man. No ushers (only people we would have are my 2 brothers, but they are doing the FOB speech). The simpler it was, the better for us. I'm a control freak, so any more than that and I would have had a breakdown!

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

4 adult BM's and a flowergirl. No ushers or pageboys - just a best man.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I said no bridesmaids.

I now have my sister as matron of honour, 2 adult bridesmaids and my son giving me away. The groom has a best man. Seems a bit unfair. Might suggest to pick a friend he was best man for recently as an usher.

I said it was 'silly' to have a big number for a simple village hall do, but I don't think I care now. We're not having a top table and the bridesmaids will be sat with their families, of 9 tables, 5 will have someone from 'Team Wedding' sat at them and I really love that.

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

I was bridesmaid at the weekend. There were 6 of us (all adults). 2 best men & 4 ushers. So we all had a partner to walk down the aisle with too! ?

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

We had 5 adult bridesmaids, 1 flower girl, the best man and then 1 usher, my brother.

So we were a bit lopsided but the photos still look great! xx

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I had my 3 sisters as bridemaids (two in their 30's and one teenager) and my H had a best man and two ushers. Being a weirdo I enjoyed the symmetry

• C
    Beginner June 2013
    Cette2301 ·
    • Hide content

4 adult bridesmaids (my three sisters, and OH's sister)

6 little bridesmaids (OH's neices)

2 best men (OH's brothers)

4 ushers (my brothers/brother in laws etc)

4 page boys (OH's nephews)

So a bridal party of 22 including me and OH!!! LOL. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I couldnt care less if someone raised an eyebrow! We both have HUGE families, and it was either all or nothing, and I love his family (and my own!) too much to not include them - the little ones were all so excited about us getting married, and I didn't have the heart to say "Oh, sorry kids, you can't be in our wedding, because I don't want it to look silly" - that would just be cruel. There will be loads of smiles on the day, and thats the main thing!

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    Sian15 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have a rather large family and we both share the same friends so i totally understand! I have 7 and my OH has 7 in mind.

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

We have:

One adult bridesmaid

Two flower girls (may add a third)

No best man

Four groomsmen who will each be performing parts of the best man duties

• kitty83
    Beginner March 2014
    kitty83 ·
    • Hide content

Originally we only wanted a small wedding so I was just going to have my sister as MOH and my best friend as bridesmaid, but then OH's mum commented that it was tradition to have someone from the groom's side as well to symbolise joining of families etc. So we asked his niece, then OH couldn't decide between ushers so is having 3 ushers plus best man, so then we tjhought we might as well ask my youngest cousin to be bridesmaid to even things out....... so now I have 4 bridesmaids and he has 4 groomsmen, slightly larger wedding party than we had originally planned but what the heck! They are all thrilled to be part of it, we keep joking that there will be no one left to sit down at the church as they'll all be stood up at the front as part of the wedding!! ?

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding party was bigger than we originally hoped for. We had 3 bridesmaids (would have been 4 but one just couldn't make it), 2 best men and 2 ushers. I personally didn't want lots of people to organise/pay for etc, but if you want them all there is no reason why you can't.

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Janey4 ·
    • Hide content

We are just having one Maid of honor/bridesmaid and a Best man -simples!!

• V
    Beginner September 2016
    villachick1972 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are having 2 best men, 2 ushers and 5 bridesmaids made up of 4 adult and one teenager ?

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Make that 3 adult BM's again.

Defo more hassle than worth. Think VERY carefully before you choose, and don't choose anyone who's heart won't really be in it and just wants the 'glory' on the day

• angelicdevil69
    Beginner November 2013
    angelicdevil69 ·
    • Hide content

I have two adult bridesmaids (my best friend and my sister) and a flowergirl, one best man and two ushers - I would have loved to have another friend as a bridesmaid but the cost and size of the wedding stopped me.

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 7 in total - 4 adults, one 11 year old, one 12 year old and one flower girl

OH is having 8 - 1 best man, 5 adult ushers and 2 page boys

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

3 adult bridesmaids, 1 chief bridesman, 2 flower girls. 1 best man and 4 ushers.

We had 160 day guests and a big church wedding, if that makes any difference!

Ladies party:

Grooms party:

• KampKaz
    Beginner June 2014
    KampKaz ·
    • Hide content

We have MOH, BM and 4 page boys (no one we know has girls so can't have any flower girls!)

• U
    Beginner January 2011
    Ulli ·
    • Hide content

2 bridesmaids (adult), 1 bridesman (he doesn't like being called my male bridesmaid though so he calls himself the wedding planner). In Germany it is not common to have bridesmaids and I knew my sister is not comfortable wearing anything else than black clothes, even wearing a dress is a stretch and she hates posing for photos. So I thought it might be too much asking her to be a bridesmaid - she is my witness for the civil ceremony in Germany, which is the important role in German weddings. Spoke to her to explain everything and she said she will wait to see the bridesmaid dresses I pick and then decide if she feels comfortable wearing it and appearing as an official bridesmaid. Well... She likes the dress and said yes to being in the bridal party!!! I am super excited to have her as my third bridesmaid now!

OH needs a lot of pushing for his side of the wedding party... Took him several months to ask his best friend to be best man, not sure he will ever get around to pick ushers. The best man is incredibly excited, he keeps on telling both of us how honoured he is, bless him!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

3 bridesmaids - my sister and my two closest friends.

1 best man and two ushers (one of whom was a girl). OH's brother would have been an usher instead of one of the other two, but he was our photographer instead.

We don't have any small kids in the family, so no flower girls etc.

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

We've got one adult bridesmaid, 3 young bridesmaids, two best men, and one ring bearer.

So 3 grown ups, 4 children.

• Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content

I'm having my 3 sisters as bridesmaids. Oh is having his best friend as best man, his brother and cousin as ushers and our nephew as page boy. I don't see the problem with large wedding parties, I I picked everyone I wanted I would have had about 6 bridesmaids. X

• Snowby
    Beginner September 2013
    Snowby ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Us too.

• CeBeetoBe
    Beginner December 2012
    CeBeetoBe ·
    • Hide content

1 Chief Bridesmaid (adult, my mother since she always wanted to be one), 3 bridesmaids (1 young adult who is the groom's little sister, 2 little girls who are my cousin's children). I am having my 9 year old cousin (the youngest) and two of my other cousin's little boys as pageboys. ?

• Fireflies
    Beginner June 2013
    Fireflies ·
    • Hide content

5 adult bridesmaids

3 'best men' (don't get me started....!)

4 ushers

sooooo a lot!

• Cakeisawesome
    Beginner October 2014
    Cakeisawesome ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This makes me feel so much better!! I'm having a mare trying decide o the bridal party!!

At the moment there is

8 adult bridesmaids (best friend/sisters)

10 Flower girls (neices/daughters)

1 pageboy (son)

1 best man (OH best mate)

3/4 Ushers (Son/OH brother and BIL)

so 23/24 in total!! Its utter madness and i'm trying to work out the best way to cut it down without offending both sides of the family!!

Help me ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics