Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2015

How many bridesmaids/ushers are you having?

Sian15, 26 October, 2012 at 11:10

Posted on Planning 36

I have a selection of close friends who i couldn't possibly choose a few from. So i have quite a large number in mind ? How many did you have/planning to have?

I have a selection of close friends who i couldn't possibly choose a few from. So i have quite a large number in mind ?
How many did you have/planning to have?

36 replies

• Rosie1211
    Beginner December 2012
    Rosie1211 ·
    • Hide content

With 10 neices and nephews, 6 sisters and far too many friends (around 8?) wanting to be part of the bridal party we had the issue of a large bridal party to. So to cut it down a little we have taken the youngest that is old enough (i have two neices under 1) to do the role from each side, one sister from each side, two best friends for BMs and well then the ushers kinda broke the rules so we've ended up with

1 matron of honour (my sister)

3 adult bridesmaids (OH sister, and 2 Best friends)

1 best man (OH BIL)

4 ushers (My BIL and 3 Best friends)

2 page boys (My two youngest nephews)

1 flower girls (OH youngest neice).

It was hard to tell people that weren't going to be officially invovled but once we explained our reasoning behind it most of them understood.

Another option to include people could be to have special people that aren't involved in the "offical" party be witnesses, readers, toastmasters etc.

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    lumc86 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 2 adult bridesmaids (the three of us have been friends since we were about 2!), and OH is having 2 best men and my brother is being an usher. Easy peasy. We were approached by various aunties/cousins asking for their little girls to be florwergirls/bridesmaids etc, but they got a firm NO from the outset!

• L
    Beginner June 2014
    Layla.90 ·
    • Hide content

I thought I had a big bridal party but I feel better now!

For us it's:

MOH (my big sis)

4 BM's (cousin, niece and 2 best friends)

Best Man (OH best friend)

4 Ushers (OH brother and 3 of our friends)

3 pageboys (my 3 gorgeous nephews)

although to be cheeky and cut down on our costs we've asked them to pay for their own dresses/suits etc. no-one has minded so far :-) xx

• C
    Beginner June 2013
    Cette2301 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ok- first, what's your reason for wanting to cut down? Is it because you don't WANT that many? Is it cost? Is it what people will think?

If its what people think - who care?! If its cost - can you do it on a budget? We got our flowergirl/pageboy outfits from the bridesmaid section of Tesco (lol!) but they are gorgeous dresses identical to £50/£60 ones in John Lewis or BHS. Hunted around, and managed to find gorgeous adult dresses for £49, and then I decided if I could budget like that, to hell with it, I would have 20 in the wedding party!!! LOL

If you HAVE to cut it because you don't want that many - it looks like the female side is the bigger problem. Could you cut out your friends and just have your sisters? Or get your neices to do a reading together instead?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics