Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

cinnamonfairy
Rockstar June 2020

How many copies of Wedding Certificate? OMs??

cinnamonfairy, 21 of November of 2012 at 16:12 Posted on Planning 0 14

Pretty much what the title says!

We need to make an appointment for our legal preliminaries and give notice, and at the same time we need to order copies of our wedding certificates.

How many certificates should I order? Would 5 be enough? Obviously I don't want to leave myself short in case copies need to go off for passports/driving licenses etc and they don't make their way back!

Any advice would be great! Thanks ?

14 replies

Latest activity by ellebob, 21 of November of 2012 at 20:40
  • natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Woah! 5!?

I have 2 copies, one for sending off and one to keep safely at home. I only had to send my marriage certificate off for my driving license change and that was it, bank & credit cards I did in branch, and I haven't done my passport yet.

Maybe have 3 copies if you're in a hurry to get everything changed but I'd say 5 is quite a lot.

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Natalie. I think I was getting a bit overexcited! That and I guess I'm paranoid about losing them!

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha a bit over-eager on the certificate front! I only ordered one at first then thought maybe I should get 2 so one could be safely locked in the cupboard at home, I knew if I didn't I would have worried about the one in the post and when it was coming back!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I got two but wish I'd got three.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

*stupid question alert* Do churches let you choose how many to have as well as civil?

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I got 2 and it was plenty. Everywhere sent them back really quickly and securely.

I was dozy though and did my passport and driving license the wrong way round. One needs a reference number only of the other, so that you don't need to send both of them a certificate. I can't remember which way round though sorry, but check the forms.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I got 2 and it has been plenty. My registry office would only give you two on the day; any more than that had to be ordered afterwards, and it wasn't worth the hassle. I just had a list of things that needed a name change and went through them in order of importance, didn't take long.

• MissPanda
    Beginner March 2012
    MissPanda ·
    • Hide content

We got 2 as well, and it was plenty. We kept one back whenever one needed to be sent out (which was probably only a couple of places).

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

We only have 1 and we've coped fine with that. The DVLA are the only people who I've needed to send it to. Everyone else has either accepted a copy or I've taken it in, shown them and then taken it away again. If I'd thought about it I'd have got 2 to be on the safe side.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I got one, brought it home, the cat weed on it whilst we were on our minimoon as punishment.

I then had to pay £9 for another to get my name changed everywhere, felt to embarrassed to send the smelly cat wee one away.

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

I think we got about 4? DH a bit obsessive about stuff. DS has 4 as well I think? Rubbish really as he needs a new one now we are married!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. I think we'll order 3 to be on the safe side!

• Foote2c
    Beginner December 2012
    Foote2c ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unless things have changed in the last few years, you only get one. And it "belongs" to the bride but they give it to the groom as he usually has pockets. My Dad is a vicar, I'll ask him if that's still the case if you like?

• ellebob
    Beginner February 2013
    ellebob ·
    • Hide content

We'll probably just get 1 but we work in a law firm so can get free certified copies whenever we want. Also, OH is changing his name rather than me which he'll have to do via change of name deed so I guess we won't have to send it anywhere.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics