Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

How many duvet cover sets do you own?

bobbly1, 7 of January of 2009 at 12:15 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 31

I've just cleared out our airing cuboard and found we have 6 duvet covers - I only really use 2 of them, one on and one in the wash.

Just wondering if 6 sets is a lot or the norm?

31 replies

Latest activity by Lisa, 11 of April of 2023 at 07:48
  • R
    Beginner March 2004
    RachelHS ·
    • Hide content

I think we have 4, in brown, dark blue and 2 lilac. Two sets are exactly the same and were a wedding gift - we probably only need one in that colour. Two would be enough, but I like being able to make the room look a bit different by changing the colour of the bedding.

• HeidiHole
    Beginner October 2003
    HeidiHole ·
    • Hide content

I have 365, one for each day of the year. I go out on Jan the 1st and buy another 365 sets in the sales (credit crunch, you know), there is NO WAY I'd sleep on the same set of sheets more than once.

Urgh.

• S
    Beginner November 2005
    Skittalie ·
    • Hide content

We've got 6, 4 in rotation on our bed and 2 spares left over from uni days they go in the spare room usually if we have visitors

• teenybash
    Beginner February 2008
    teenybash ·
    • Hide content

We have a good half dozen and i want more. i justify it by saying that as we live in rented accommodation and can't redecorate, then having lots of lovely duvet cover sets brightens the place up and makes it more "our" home.

ahem. it's total tosh of course and i just like having different sets to choose from. H doesn't believe me at all but is happy to play along. i'm easily amused.

• chids
    Beginner
    chids ·
    • Hide content

I think we have about 5 sets, but tend to only use 2 of them. Some are from before we redecorated the bedroom and don't match the new colours.

• K
    Beginner May 2007
    Kegsey ·
    • Hide content

Two sets in regular use - one in the wash and one on the bed. But we also have 2 or 3 others sets of double bedding (and 2 sets of single) for when people come to visit.

• Clairy
    Beginner October 2003
    Clairy ·
    • Hide content

We have three for our bed, and the spare bed.

However, I have just bought some plain white ones on BOGOF from Argos and am going to applique them in spots of fabric that co-ordinate with the nice new pictures we have above the bed ??

• Dooby
    Beginner
    Dooby ·
    • Hide content

We have 5 sets which fit both our bed and our spare bed, I tend to put on the set that's arrived at the top of the pile when changing the bed, our bedroom is pretty neutral so they all go fine.

• The Grouch That Stole Christmas
    The Grouch That Stole Christmas ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How about leap-years?

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

We have 6, two for each bed in the house.

• HeidiHole
    Beginner October 2003
    HeidiHole ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well then I buy an extra set. Like, duh!

• fifiminx
    Beginner August 2010
    fifiminx ·
    • Hide content

I have 3 for our bed. But I have 6/7 for my son's bed. Different tv characters and stuff...

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea. Erm, 5? I am sure I have some awful ones hiding somewhere that ex SIL bought for me ?

• B
    bobbly1 ·
    • Hide content

I'v just put one in the recycling. I don't know why I kept it. It had those awful plastic poppers to fasten it, that never stayed closed, so in the morning half the duvet would be falling out of the bottom of the cover!

I'm now down to 5!

• Sairedy
    Beginner September 2003
    Sairedy ·
    • Hide content

We've got four set but tend to use two of them more than the other two

• Carrie74
    Beginner June 2007
    Carrie74 ·
    • Hide content

2 sets per bed, there's 5 beds in the house, so 10 sets in total.

• GMT
    Beginner December 2008
    GMT ·
    • Hide content

Think we've got three for our bed - we tend to alternate between two of the sets as the first is a bu**er to iron (and if you don't iron it, it looks disgusting!).

• flailing wildly
    flailing wildly ·
    • Hide content

Four sets for my bed, which I tend to use two of most often.

And when it comes to fitted sheets, don't even go there - I like to have at least four sheets and two mattress protectors on the bed at any one time. I'm like the Princess and the Pea. Or bananas ?

• maxiemax
    maxiemax ·
    • Hide content

I have loads - 'character' kiddy ones for youngest son and grandson, single ones for daughters (and some of those are matching in pairs because one daughter has twin beds in her room and I like them to match although fvck knows why as she has so much crap on her spare bed you cant see that it has a nice matching duvet on it!), double ones because one daughter has a double bed and that room is my spare room if we have visitors so I also have a couple of 'nice' doubles - and then about 6 for my bed because it is a superking size, I have two white sets that are either on, or in the wash, plus about 4 old sets that are just as spares for any kind of national disaster....

No wonder my airing cupboard is bursting at the seams!!!!

• Gryfon
    Gryfon ·
    • Hide content

Far too many, I think we have about 7 or 8 king sized ones, 3 or 4 double ones for the spare bed and 10 or so for the children. However I think I need a new king sized duvet as when I put the covers on I keep ending up with about 6" of spare material so my duvet isn't long enough!

I do use all of them though, so having that many should last me years!

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

Two identical sets for our bed (one on, one in the wash) and one set for the spare bed and that's it. We had a turn-out recently and threw loads away - do you really need more than one on and one in the wash?

• swampytiggaa
    swampytiggaa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have 730 per year. I like to change our bed half way thru the night in case we have been sweaty or anything.

I also have 2920 sets of single bedding for the kids. They moan a bit about getting woken up at 1am for a shower and bed time but hey - i can't have a dirty house ?

I get my towels in the same shopping trip too - but thats ok - they are only the size of small guest towels ?

• teenybash
    Beginner February 2008
    teenybash ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

shocking!

actually, i lied. i only have one set of duvet covers and i have never changed them. i don't need to - i gave up showering/bathing a long time ago and as the body self-cleans itself after 3 months, i am actually cleaner for not washing. therefore, my sheets are probably cleaner than everyone else's are.

and i don't need towels. i have a display bale of towels in the (largely defunct) bathroom which have never been used. i sprayed them with hairspray so that the dust doesn't stick.

• jelly baby
    jelly baby ·
    • Hide content

We have 2 for each of the bedrooms (so 8 in total). There are then about 6 spare ones from when the rooms were decorated differently. I can never bring myself to throw out duvet covers so they just keep piling up.

• flissy666
    flissy666 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought it was only me who did the identical thing! We do exactly what you do - and took the remaining redundant sets to the charity shop over Christmas.

• Katchoo
    Katchoo ·
    • Hide content

I've got 4 sets for our bedroom and 2 for the guest bed. I guess you don't really need more than 2 sets, perhaps, but I like having choices.

• geekypants
    Beginner August 2008
    geekypants ·
    • Hide content

We have two, and a guest bed set.

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

Oh the shame.? we have at least 20 duvet sets (Ive lost count) we have 2 king size and 2 double beds in the house. the doubles only get changed when we have guests as they get used infrequently, the kings get changed weekly as we sleep in them every night.

Im a self confessed bedding collector, I cant get enough of the stuff, I just love bedding ?

• B
    bobbly1 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

20! where do you store them all? - storage is my problem.

• S
    SunnyBlueDiamonds98913 ·
    • Hide content

Well, I took three of them in my wedding.

• H
    HappyGoldCakes12290 ·
    • Hide content

3 duvet sets and sheets each and 2 for guests and 2 towel bales each and 2 for guests sounds good to me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics