Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arpee
Beginner August 2016

How many glasses should I hire?

Arpee, 17 of April of 2016 at 21:47 Posted on Planning 0

We're going to hire our glasses from Sainsburys, as they do free hire, and you just pay £1 per breakage. However I'm not sure how many glasses I will need... We will have 60 guests (or just less). Per guest we will provide the following drinks:

2x prosecco during reception
2x wine during meal
1x prosecco for toasts

So I'll need a wine glass per person, that's easy, but do I hire 1 champagne flute per person (60 glasses), or do I hire 1 champagne flute per drink (180 glasses), so no-one has to worry about washing them up?

We've hired a bar company after dinner who will provide their own glasses, so I don't need to worry about that bit. However we were thinking of providing lager and cider during the reception, as well as some soft drinks, for those that don't want to drink prosecco. The lager will be bottled, should I provide glasses for that? And maybe 60 hi-ball glasses for soft drinks, does that sound about right?

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea but I will watch this thread with interest as we will have the same questions next year as our wedding draws near.

I think I would hire separate flutes for the reception & toasts, but this is judging on my venue where there may not be much in the way of washing facilities as it's a marquee in the grounds of a house, & then I think I'd probably get 30 odd glasses for lager etc as not everyone will choose that option & it's only going to cost you more in breakages.

Also - one thing that crossed my mind (as we are hiring glasses for the day & having a bar in the evening) - how do we make sure that the ones we return to Sainsburys are theirs & not the bar peoples? And how do they get separated at the end of the evening, do you just trust that the bar people only take home theirs & not half the hired ones?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics