Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

GeordieBarbie
Beginner May 2010

How many glassess of Champagne?

GeordieBarbie, 4 December, 2009 at 07:19 Posted on Planning 0 9

So, been fiddling with the budget and working out how many bottles of booze we need. Wine is easy - half a bottle per person.

How much champagne for the drinks reception are you all budgeting? 2 glass per person? More? Less?

We've got a 2 hour window from start of ceremony to start of dinner (so more like 1.5-1.25 hours for the drinks reception. I thought allowing 1.5 per person would be OK, D is not sure. I said when it's gone it's gone - tough but he reminded me that it ran out at someone else's wedding we went to and he was "utter disgusted" by it ? So maybe we need to allow more...?

What's everyone doing?

We're supplying our own booze so need to factor in how many bottles we need to purchase.

9 replies

Latest activity by GeordieBarbie, 4 December, 2009 at 10:23
  • Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure that 2 glasses each for that length of time would be enough but that said, I'm suppose not everybody will be drinking. We went to a wedding that had this during the photographs being taken and I've no idea how much I drank. I just know that they kept filling up our glasses for the period of time - again no idea how long it was - and when it came to dinner I couldn't even drink any wine....lol I think I had 1 more drink for the rest of the day and that was me!!!

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

We're working out 1.5 glasses per person for champaign. people shouldn't be greedy...lol!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

You're totally right tango - the wedding we were at every time I turned my head and turned back the guy was topping up my glass. I wouldn't normally have drank as much as that - it was kinda forced upon me if you see what I mean??? I had no choice.....lol

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Tell you what I could use a glass or two (or three) this morning...

TFI Friday!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My sentiments exactly! ? I think D just didn't want to look stingey ?

I've sent a mail to the Chief Steward to see what they normally recommend.

D helped update the bidget spreadsheet last night so I can change the number of guests and it manually calculates the total dinner cost and amount of wine needed ? W|e can also change the amount of wine/bubbly per person we want to allocate. It's well cool! ?

• Finesse (HIB)
    Finesse (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

It really comes down to your budget. I would do 2 glasses per person. Will you have a bar available to guests who will then go and buy their own drinks if they don't want champagne? Also, provide a choice of drinks from a table, this way people will take what they want, but if you offered bucks fizz, champagne and Kir Royale and a soft sparkling juice eg Elderflower Presse and OJ, it will make your champagne stretch further and will stop people drinking too much booze and looks like you've splashed out on lots of choice when in fact it'll be cheaper. Kir Royal is a bit of Creme de Casis added to the champagne which gives a lovely pink colour (incase you didn't know) . Work on 6 glasses to the bottle for champers and then double that for Bucks Fizz

HTH

Ruth

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for that Ruth. Yes - we will be serving soft drinks too - schloer! A good old family favorite of ours ? There won't be a bar available so we need to provide all the drinks...

We're having pink fizz (to go with my pink theme).

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Just to echo what Gillsy said really. One of the last wedding's we went to had so much alcohol and a long wait until dinner that by the time I got to eat, I actually didn't want to drink anymore; iyswim? It was a hot day and there was only alcohol available (cocktails as well) which doesn't sit well on an empty stomach!

I think we'll be offering bucks fizz and Pimms after the ceremony, 2 each, and then unlimited soft drinks (orange juice, water and the like). Stops people getting drunk too quickly as well then.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

We've only got 2 hours from start of ceremonyt to start of dinner so nice and quick ?

Will up the soft drink qota me thinks - forgot about that side of things even though my Mam doesn't really drink [;P]

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics