Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner August 2015

How many guest at registry office

0sparkle0, 10 of April of 2014 at 01:12 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi I'm getting married at a registry office I want just the close family there to share our special moment I.e. Close family Mum dad sister couple of close friends and my h2b's two sisters and there husbands and children oh and my nan and grandad ....but now my family are saying is...cousin blah coming and great auntie blah coming ....so now I'm feeling pressured into inviting theses aswell but only have a certain amount of room ...we're having a reception at our local club from 6.30 with catered buffet and dj etc and was going to get most people to come then to celebrate our special day ...what do u all think any advice would be great thanks

2 replies

Latest activity by InkedDoll, 10 of April of 2014 at 09:52
  • MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

I guess you would need to ask your registry office how many guests they will allow you to have.

The biggest thing to remember is that it's YOUR wedding, so have what you want. Although, I am a total hypocrite when I say that, as I have let people dictate to me who they want at the wedding. I have put my foot down on a couple of people though.

x

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I know it's hard, but just say no. It would certainly make it easier if you knew you were limited to say 15/20. Ask them - some registry offices have a choice of rooms of differing sizes. You might be able to "choose" a smaller one, then you can say you are restricted to numbers Smiley winking

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

And this is why I've kept my wedding private! We have potentially 14 guests now and that's already plenty. I have hundreds of cousins once, twice and three times removed (that's not an exaggeration) so it would go on forever if I let it. You gotta put your foot down, man.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics