Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lottie.f
Beginner July 2014

How many guests on each table?

lottie.f, 5 of May of 2014 at 16:29 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all, I'm just tackling my table plan and finding it tricky..

We are only having about 70 day guests and I'm thinking I'd like to have 8 per table, but would this mean guests are too spread out?

How many are you having per table?

Thanks for your help - I really thought with our numbers the table plan would be easy!

7 replies

Latest activity by Suzie88, 5 of May of 2014 at 20:32
  • chloe24
    Beginner June 2014
    chloe24 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

I thought table plan would be fun and easy but not!! I have 64 guests and am aiming for 8 to a table, I have the odd table with 9 and 7 just due to singletons ECt but I think 8 is good number, think 10 is a squeeze xxx

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

Venue have advised 8 - as above, 10 can be done but 'is a squeeze'

I wouldn't worry too much about spreading people out - it's only for the meal, so if they are separated from people they know, they will have the rest of the evening to be with them.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

It depends on the size of the tables really. Assuming they're fairly normal sized round tables 8 is absolutely fine. Most weddings we've shot at tend to have 8-10 per table, but we've seen from 4 right through to 11 (11 was very tight!)

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

We are having 8 on most tables but there is one table with 7. I think anymore than 8 would be a squeeze

• lottie.f
    Beginner July 2014
    lottie.f ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys, that's really helped. 8 for a table works well when I have moved people around so i'm glad that will be fine on the day.

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Our venue holds 50 and we have 4 tables of 8 and 3 tables of 6 ;-)

• Suzie88
    Beginner August 2014
    Suzie88 ·
    • Hide content

It really depends on your venue tables! We have both worked weddings, and the table sizes vary a lot. Our venue can offer tables of 6, 8, 10 or 12. But they only have so many of each. Which works for us, as we have some larger groups and some smaller. We're looking at having most of ours as 8-11 (we don't have a group bigger than 11) and just use the different taxable sizes as needed.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics