Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

debmci

how many hymns!!??

debmci, 6 March, 2010 at 20:20 Posted on Planning 0 5

My H2B and I were discussing hymns the other day there. and we came up with 4 we liked!! is that 2 many!!??? They were -

In Christ Alone

I will trust in you alone (new version of 23rd Psalm)

Be thou my vision

and Here is love,

5 replies

Latest activity by debmci, 7 March, 2010 at 05:02
  • The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Our vicar has tod us to have2 or 3, but most people choose 2.

• Mrs Tonner 2010
    Beginner June 2010
    Mrs Tonner 2010 ·
    • Hide content

We're having 3, Bind us together Lord, One more step along the world I go and Amazing Grace.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We have to have 2 but I have been to some weddings where they have had 3, but never seen 4!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

Well as we're tied to numbers of people, there won't be any seats left for the bridal party to sit at the front, so i had thought the guests could just stand with us! maybe if we didn't have the full hymns...4 would be ok!

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

If hymns are required, I'm generally asked for two. Make sure they are well known ones...or ones that your guests are likely to know. Also check the version!!! Oh yes.....my OH did a ceremony last year whereby his bride had asked for 'all things bright and beautiful'. He sourced the hymn on piano as requested. Then I threw a spanner in the works and told him that there are in fact three widely used tunes for the same hymn. Luckily he checked up beforehand and replaced it with the right version. The other thing we bear in mind is the number of verses. I'm forever having to take a hymn and remix it on my mixing programme to have the same number of verses as is printed in the OOS. If you're having it played live....this isn't a problem. If you're having a recorded hymn.....check which version and number of verses. Hope that helps

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

O we are having an organist playing so that will be ok. It was just when we were chatting one day and throwing out the options we liked all those 4! lol. My OH's cousin had a few hymns at her wedding last year so we're using hers as our excuse i think! Its her brother is the organist!! they are all versions and tunes that he will know but il get himt eh sheet music anyway!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics