Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SillyWrong
Beginner October 2014

How many kilos of sweets for 50 adults!?

SillyWrong, 23 of April of 2014 at 16:17 Posted on Planning 0 9

Bearing in mind approximately 40 of the adults are aged between 25-35 (the rest are 'grown ups'!) and are sweetie monsters!? Not sure if we're having a sweetie buffet (don't want to have to go to any bother for things like containers/signs/implements!) or just having big bowls of sweets put out on the tables after our tapas dinner (thinking haribo bowls and Reeces pieces bowls) ... how many kilos though!?

We had ruled it out as an idea as we have to get them over to Spain, but just realised we could order them online to be sent direct to our Wedding Planner! Woop!

9 replies

Latest activity by ClaireD*, 24 of April of 2014 at 21:21
  • kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'm ordering 4kgs for 40 adults. I hope that's enough but will keep watching this thread to see what other people say.

x

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

SillyWrong. I've just seen that we are very nearly date twins :-)

• M
    Beginner March 2015
    MrsF2Bee ·
    • Hide content

I offer a sweetie cart for hire and offer a quarter lb per person which honestly I amples and amples most companies provide around 100g per person so 4kg would ideally be enough for or about 5kg maybe?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I think I clocked you a while back, I remember your paper heart thingies!

Right - I recks I'm going for about 4 kilos. Just looked it up, those sharing bags of Haribo are 160g's, if I allowed about half a bag per person that's 80g's x 50 = 4 kilo's.

I LOVE WEDDING PLANNING!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I'll have this issue soon - just waiting to find out how many I'm supplying for! At the moment it's anywhere between 100 and 200 so going on your calculations, that's between 8 and 16kg!! My word, that's a lot of sweets!!!!!! Do I cut out all diabetics and assume they won't eat any (we have about 10 of them), then do half for the elderly with no teeth? (that's about 5). I might just go minimal and if they run out, so be it lol

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this just made me spit out my tea laughing. Maybe they have learnt to suck sweets really fast....

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? lol, just in case anyone doesn't get my sense of humour - I was joking of course ?

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

LOL at cutting out the elderly and toothless Smiley smile

I don't think you need to exponentially increase the tonnage to match the number of guests. You'd end up with a ridiculous amount of sweets for 100-200 people. It just needs to be enough to make a nice display. Figure out how many jars you want to use, and then fill them up.

There's always a tonne of sweets left over at the end of all the weddings I've been to with candy buffets. It's not like the guests are savages and obliterate the table. Most only take a small handful each....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics