Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

monkey fingers
Beginner

How many nights a week do you drink alcohol?

monkey fingers, 13 of August of 2008 at 19:54 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 46

And how much?

I fancy a glass, but we're not allowed to drink on school nights, but if hitchers drink during the week, I will, as it must be the law!

I am also curious!

Thank you

46 replies

Latest activity by Faruk, 23 of December of 2021 at 18:53
  • MD
    Beginner
    MD ·
    • Hide content

Friday/Sat and Sun night.

I rarely drink during the week - really to keep my weight down.

I only drink a couple of glasses of wine on the weekends nights too.

x

• Evil Yoda
    Beginner June 2005
    Evil Yoda ·
    • Hide content

I had 1 beer on Monday night, no alcohol last night, on my 2nd glass of wine tonight. Probably won't have anything tomorrow or Friday (cinema night). ?

• HeidiHole
    Beginner October 2003
    HeidiHole ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a glass now..

• K
    Beginner May 2007
    Kegsey ·
    • Hide content

I try to keep it to the weekends only although an odd glass does creep in sometimes - particularly Monday nights if there is a glass of wine left....

Friday night is Margharita night and we make a jug of it up. Other nights its a glass or two of wine.

• tickle
    Beginner October 2008
    tickle ·
    • Hide content

I don't drink enough,but now i fancy a glass of wine.

I do drink at weekends though unless i am driving then i sulk.

• Zo�
    Beginner July 2009
    Zo� ·
    • Hide content

I normally don't drink at all. Its quite rare for me to, but when I do its just when I fancy it whatever day and usually only one drink.

• monkey fingers
    Beginner
    monkey fingers ·
    • Hide content

So Hitchers seem to well behaved so far!

Before Mini Mo Fo was born I would drink a bottle every night (at least) I have no idea how I functioned everyday, getting up for work, it didn't seem like a big deal as it was 'only' 4 glasses!

I struggle with two glasses now!

Hole if you are having wine, I think I really should!

• fox-in-socks
    Beginner May 2006
    fox-in-socks ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a glass now too, we are celebrating the birth of our new nephew ?. yo ucan use that as an excuse if you like, MF? ?

it totally depends here. i can easy go a month with no booze, but similarly if we have lots of dinners / parties / we fancy it we'll drink more. if it is one of the latter weeks i'll always try to keep it to a minimum, and have three or four alcohol free nights. mainly because i feel crap about myself when i drink too much. i wish i didn't, but it's such a depressent for me.

• Hoobygroovy
    Hoobygroovy ·
    • Hide content

Only when there's a y in the day. ?

Actually, I can go weeks and weeks without a drink but if I fancy a glass of wine, I don' t let the fact that it's a school night put me off. I'm past the age where I feel obliged to finish the bottle at one sitting so can quite happily have just the one glass.

• AllyDrew
    Beginner May 2007
    AllyDrew ·
    • Hide content

Pre-pregnancy, I'd probably drink 4 nights a week. just a glass of wine or so during the week, but more at weekends.

My H probably has a beer 5 nights a week.

I could murder a glass of wine right now.

• Maxi
    Beginner February 2008
    Maxi ·
    • Hide content

I have a glass or two most nights during the week - usually two.

Friday/Saturday/Sunday I have a bottle of wine each night. OH has the same.

Too much I know. Will have to cut down to get my weight down and get my body in order for TTC.

• monkey fingers
    Beginner
    monkey fingers ·
    • Hide content

We are going to have a glass or two to celebrate the birth of F-I-S new nephew- congratulations!

x ??

• bettyb
    Beginner July 2006
    bettyb ·
    • Hide content

I used to drnk pretty much everyday but cut back a couple of years ago. Now I try to stick to weekends only, with the odd glass during the week.

• redcherry
    Beginner April 2006
    redcherry ·
    • Hide content

I only drink on weeknights during the school holidays, or when I'm very stressed.

Almost always on Fri/Sat/Sun though.

• Hungry Caterpillar
    Beginner
    Hungry Caterpillar ·
    • Hide content

I generally have a couple of glasses on a Friday or Saturday night, and sometimes one or two during the week if I'm out or if it's a special occasion.

• Lady Falafel
    Beginner April 2006
    Lady Falafel ·
    • Hide content

Having a glass now. I only have a small glass due to baby feeding paranoias, but it's not enough to stop me drinking altogether. Probably 3 times a week?

• Allegra
    Beginner October 2007
    Allegra ·
    • Hide content

I drink usually 3-4 glasses of wine every night, when H and I are off the next day we can polish off 2 bottles each over the course of an afternoon-evening. I know it's too much, but I don't get drunk, most I get is tipsy then I stop, and I'm pretty stressed at the moment. I know it's not an excuse but hey, I enjoy the taste of wine.

• NumbNuts
    Beginner October 2004
    NumbNuts ·
    • Hide content

Some weeks, not for days at a time, including weekends. Others every day, and others lots and lots everyday! Tonight I'm having a beer

• Crookshanks
    Beginner September 2007
    Crookshanks ·
    • Hide content

I probably drink most nights. There are exceptions, especially if I don't feel like it or I'm busy with other things and twice a year, I have 2 alcohol free weeks, just to prove to myself I do not NEED wine. Although having said that, wine does make me feel better! ?

Like Allegra, I don't feel drunk after 4 glasses (although I would never drive) and it does take quite a lot more wine for me to start feeling tipsy. I'm on my second glass now and beginning to feel relaxed.

Go on Monkey Fingers - a glass of red wine supposedly has medicinal benefits due to the antioxidents in red wine. Shame there isn't anything similar in white wine! ?

• Hyacinth
    Beginner
    Hyacinth ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations FIS on your new nephew. So cub has a cousin? how sweet!

At the moment I can't drink at all due to medication; otherwise it can vary wildly. i would say I drink three times a week, maximum of 2 bottles of wine in one night (I don't drink anything else really) but usually a bottle.

• vicbic
    Beginner September 2003
    vicbic ·
    • Hide content

On a usual week I tend to only drink one day a week. Mostly to stop me gaining any more weight!

I tend to have a blow out on Friday,s so don't pretend to be angelic, but it seems to work for me. I hardly ever get wasted anymore. I feel like I'm too old and boring for that now.

• cornflake girl
    Beginner August 2007
    cornflake girl ·
    • Hide content

I seem to be having a drink every night at the moment and a bottle of wine at weekends. I am off work at the moment though so it's allowed. Usually I rarely drink during the week as it disturbs my sleep.

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

If I have wine in then I'll have a glass most nights until it's gone. If it's not in the house then I don't drink it. Obviously! At the weekend i'll probably have a bottle, maybe on a Friday night and Saturday night, maybe not, just depends how I feel.

• shionaf
    Beginner November 2009
    shionaf ·
    • Hide content

No real set pattern - tonight have had 2 and on third glass of wine - but been out for birthday tea and continuing. Some weeks nothing at all during week and just stick to weekends but that all depends if we have OHs little ones staying. Then maybe justa glass or two once the are sleeping. However years ago my sons job on a thursday once he got home from school was to put my pre weekend wine in the fridrrge so chilled for my return from work!!!!

• Roobarb
    Beginner January 2007
    Roobarb ·
    • Hide content

When not pregnant I do drink most nights but I try to have a couple of nights off a week at least.

Ooh I want wine now....I'm 27 weeks pregnant, a wee glass won't do any harm will it? I've been sooooo good this pregnancy.

• kierenthecommunity
    Beginner May 2005
    kierenthecommunity ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

[not a doctor disclaimer]dont think so, no[/not a doctor disclaimer]

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    carolinabena ·
    • Hide content

I drink 1 1/2 bottles a week. Fri/Sat/Sun. my husband does the same we always always have alcohol in the house but don't drink everynight.

• Nun
    Beginner September 2006
    Nun ·
    • Hide content

I could happily drink a bottle a night. I love wine. However, it's not good for me and I wouldn't be able to function the next day. I usually have Sun, Mon and Tues off but Wed my H goes out so I am having 2 glasses and then stopping. Thurs is 1 glass to finish the bottle off from Wed. Friday there's a few rum and cokes and then I have 1 bottle on a Sat.

• Smiley
    Beginner
    Smiley ·
    • Hide content

I try and not have any on a school night, which isnt great as some weeks I only work 2 days, others 3 ? I dont tend to up the amount I have at the weekend though. If I fancy a glass of two I will have it.

Since I was pregnant the only thing I like to drink is dry white wine. If there isnt any in the house i wont touch any of the stash of alcohol we have in the sideboard, it is either white wine or nothing. So I dont think I am addicted to alchohol, just the taste of a crisp dry white wine. [drool]. Oh, or fat coke. It is one of the other in this house.

Infact, today isnt a school night is it! I am off work tomorrow ! I better go get a lovely crisp glass of white wine. [yum] ? everyone.

(roobarb, it will do you good I am sure)

• Rache
    Beginner January 2004
    Rache ·
    • Hide content

I drink five nights out of seven. I have Wednesdays (yoga night) and Fridays off, and have a glass on the others, usually.

• Lumpy Golightly
    Expert February 2003
    Lumpy Golightly ·
    • Hide content

I don't remember the last alcoholic drink I had. There was a glass of wine a couple of weeks ago and half a shandy a day or so after that, but it doesn't help me to lose weight and I can take it or leave it.

• Old Nick Esq.
    Old Nick Esq. ·
    • Hide content

One or two... Sometimes three, occasionally four, I've been known to do five, Six wouldn't be entirely unusual and seven is actually fairly common.

Depends on whether I've anything else to do or not.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics