Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner August 2011

How many people to your wedding?

robertson2b, 11 June, 2011 at 15:39 Posted on Planning 0 39

We now have final numbers for our day and I'm starting to wonder if it's going to be too quiet! We originally invited approx 90 people to the day and have a final number of 80. We are then going to invite a further 30 to the evening. I know I probably shouldn't worry about numbers but my nightmare would be to have a really quiet wedding!!

How many people are you having to your wedding?

39 replies

Latest activity by Saisi, 11 June, 2011 at 21:36
  • Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

We're looking at 80 during the day, 150 at night but thats only because I have quite a big family. It all depends on what you and your other half want, the size of the venue, your budget etc.

• D
    Beginner February 2012
    Dani1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

we are having 46 to the day and another 170 to the evening.

i think 80 sounds a good number, if it suits the size of your venue

xx

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amy00003 ·
    • Hide content

We originally wanted 11 people (inc me and my H2B), but that has now grown to 35, and for the evening doo, theres going to be about 100 people. We didn't want a big wedding

• B
    Beginner June 2011
    Beki<3'sphill ·
    • Hide content

Wow, if that's a quiet wedding then i wonder what my wedding with 20 guests all day is going to be like? although because of the small amount of people there will be singing in the church, our vicar has given us the choir for free, bonus Smiley laugh

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

We have 60 for the day the 120 for the evening. We would love to invite more than 120 but or venue have a limit, ,

xx

• MissTtoMrsB
    Beginner August 2012
    MissTtoMrsB ·
    • Hide content

We are looking at 70-80 daytime and 150ish evening but i imagine once we have added on everyone and his wife that OH wants to invite it will be alot more!! ?

• MandM90
    Beginner July 2011
    MandM90 ·
    • Hide content

We're having 70 to the day and maybe 20 more to the evening...I'm worried it'll be quiet too!

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is huge with 122 in the day and up to 200 evening....big families....wish we could get it down - be lot less expensive! lol

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Our rsvp deadline was today & we have 165 at our day & roughly another 150 at night. I'm an only girl, he's an only child, we both have big families & have been to cousins weddings etc so we invited all our cousins. We ideally wanted 120 but hasn't worked out that way! But were happy its gonna be such a big celebration with all our friends & family.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

We are having 50 to the day and approx 80 in the evening so yours is large compared to mine.

• Z
    Beginner
    zebra_cake ·
    • Hide content

I thought i was having a big wedding with 50 in the day and then 120 total at the night lol

• F
    Beginner October 2011
    fatbride ·
    • Hide content

Well i had 61 in total and now i think its going to be 46 (12 of which are kids!) and prob the same again in the evening (46 extra not 46 over all in total!).

Im sure it will be fab!

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

We're having about 20 to the ceremony as we're getting married abroad. We're having a party when we get back and I imagine we'll have about 80-100 people there.

TBH it doesn't matter how big your wedding is, it's supposed to be about who is there not how many. As long as the venue, food and entertainment reflect the number of guests then it will be fine.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like it will be busy enough to me! We are having around 60 during the day and 130 at night.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

Excluding the bridal party (10 people) we've got 27 guests for the day and an extra 11 on the evening.

I'm really very shy and from a small family so there wasn't heaps of relatives or friends to invite

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

We're having 70 in total to the day/meal and then another 50 in the evening time.

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

We are having 80ish to the day and then around about another 50 or 60 to the evening do - I originally thought that was a big wedding, but some venues refer to 50-70 as small weddings which makes ours about medium then I think!

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    annie2000 ·
    • Hide content

We are having 30 to our wedding (day and evening) as we are getting married in Greece, then a reception when we get home for probably 80-100

• hopefulmum2b
    Beginner August 2012
    hopefulmum2b ·
    • Hide content

We are having 50 for the day and 100 for the eve Smiley smile xx

we want our ceremony quiet and private ish Smiley smile

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

65 total - no extra evening guests. Perfect IMO!

I certainly don't think you're having a small wedding, or that it will be quiet!

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

You think yours will be quiet?? We have 44 confirmed for the day and no extra in the evening. We don't know many people to be honest.. neither of us have big families.. I have a handful of good friends and a few more acquaintances, OH only has friends from work who all live miles away and a couple of old school friends.

ETA: We are pleased we don't have many guests because it means we can still have a really nice classy wedding without the big budget.

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    soon-to-be-Mrs-King ·
    • Hide content

Both sides of our families are huge, we are having 120 day guests and another 60 for the evening and I haven't even invited anyone on my mums side of the family (as mum never had much to do with them).

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

Well haven't sent the proper invites out yet so its an estimated 80 during the day and possibly another 10 in the evening. Will probably work out a lot less though from what people have said on here about response rates from their invites. Had a couple of declines already! We seem to swing from thinking no-one will come to worrying about too many!

xxx

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content

Were having 80ish during the day and then 130ish at night.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

We've got about 140 for the day (I come from a big family) and about another 70-80 for the evening

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And mine. Except I have 64 guests.

• massuch
    Beginner July 2011
    massuch ·
    • Hide content

Our final numbers for the day will be 93 including bridal party, then an extra 40 in the evening.

• Hawk
    Beginner September 2012
    Hawk ·
    • Hide content

We are hoping to have 50 to do the day and 70 to the evening, we didn't want a big wedding.

• I
    Beginner December 2011
    import ·
    • Hide content

import z Chin

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dear Import, signatures can be translated via Google these days, you know. Go away.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine is a similar number to yours. Was once worried it would seem quiet, but this is the maximum my venue can hold, and from all the weddings we have been to, it seems like this number of people works well.

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

I can't believe how many people think having over 70 guests is a small wedding and are worried it might be quiet! I would say that over 70 is a big wedding, around 40-70 is medium-sized and less than 40 is small.

I have 40 day guests and 20-30 more coming in the evening. Wish it was smaller though ☹️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics