Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sara.jo
Beginner June 2011

How many reception drinks to have for 1.5 hours??

sara.jo, 23 May, 2011 at 19:18 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hiya, My venue has recommended three reception drinks per person after the ceremony. Dinner will be served at 16:00 and so I think reception drinks will go on for about 1.5 hours. In this time, photos will also be taken (group shots) and canapés are also served. Do you think this is too many? There are 82 guests-so I am down to have 82 pimms, 82 lagers (not pints) and 82 sparkling wines. I don't want drunk people before the meal but also don't want people going without a drink. Help!

2 replies

Latest activity by jojo2, 23 May, 2011 at 20:50
  • queencrunchy
    queencrunchy ·
    • Hide content

Our venue includes one post-ceremony drink per person in our package, but we're thinking of buying enough for everybody to have another one. Some people won't want the bucks fizz and can buy a beer or whatever they prefer.

And like you, I don't want people too drunk before they eat the meal. OH is very nervous about his speech and some of his friends can get a bit lound and lairy when drunk. Fine in most social circumstances, but if they started heckling, he would die!

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

We are providing two for just over an hour - I think you could get away with 2 tbh xxx

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I think 2 drinks should be enough this is what we are providing for however the bar will also be open in case people want something else.

Sorry for being a bit thick here but I am wondering why you would have 82 of each drink for 82 guests. If for example there are 40 men who only want lager and they want 3 each there won't be enough, the same goes for the pimms drinker and the wine drinkers so you will end up with not enough of one option and loads left of another. My co-ordinator suggested it would be better to have less of each option out and top up according to what is more popular and required. I only ask this as I will have the same drinks options as you so will have to work out how much I will need too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics