Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gillsy
Beginner April 2010

How many table crystals to buy?

Gillsy, 8 October, 2009 at 08:15 Posted on Planning 0 15

Anybody got a rough idea how many table crystals you would need to buy for 10 tables plus a top table? I don't want to go mad with them so just a light scattering.

I'm planning to buy 6.5mm size and had originally though 1000 might do but now I'm thinking I might need more?

Also I was going to buy all purple but thought it might be nice to buy half purple and half clear - what do you think?

15 replies

Latest activity by Gillsy, 10 October, 2009 at 19:47
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

1000? you'd be looking at about 90 per table? is that not a bit much??? I would prolly have about 20 on a table scattered around the centre...no more..

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks teehee - do you think 20 per table would be enough??? They are quite small and by the time they are scattered onto the mirrored plate and some on the table too I might need more???

I don't know - you are an ole married wise one so I bow to your knowledge!!! lol

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Ive never used them but as a guest I wouldnt want them getting in the way of my arms/elbows whilst eating, or under glassware (toppled glasses!) or pinging into my coffee cup. Besides, do you think the reception folk are going to painstakingly pick em all up after for the reception change over? Nope the cloths will be scooped up and shaken into a bin. Big waste.... even 30 a piece woud be enough to scatter some light and glimmer. Why dont you buy a wee bag and try it oot?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

You're right teehee - I'll buy some and do a little trial run

lol @ pinging into your coffee cup - def don't want this to happen!!!!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Sorry I don't know how many you will need (but can you let me know when you find out) ?

• C
    Beginner October 2009
    CookieMonster ·
    • Hide content

If you are having purple on your table somehow (table cloth/runner) then i would stick with the clear crystals, but if the table cloth is just white or ivory then i would go for a mix of purple and clear. I also think 1000 will be more than enough! Went to a wedding back in June that has these and i loved them so much that I bought some for mine too Smiley smile Unfortunately cant be overly helpful with amount because were are having 3 tressle tables so a completely different layout to you.

• kat2000lp
    Beginner
    kat2000lp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ya,

I contacted a supplier on ebay as she was selling bags of 1000 for £4.50 and I was wondering the same thing. She sugggested 1 bag of 1000 per 2 tables?

Not sure if she was trying to make me buy more than I needed though!

• Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

OOoh Gillsy

If/when you do a mock up will you post a pic, coz my colour scheme is purple/ivory and a bit of yellow and am using crystals so a pick would be ace! ?

Kat, 1000 for 2 tables is waaaaaayyyyy too much!

Mel B x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I had 100 per table and honestly they don't go very far!! I just had them on mirrors so weren't scattered all over the table.

Myself and a few other hibs sell the Swarovski ones (which are expensive I should add) and they all say the same amount I think.

I just had acrylic ones because I couldn't justify the cost of Swarovski even though they are much nicer.

x

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Kat, I agree 1000 for 2 tables is total overkill!!!!

Mel B - I'll take pics when I get them and post for you ?

PG - I know they are pretty tiny so I didn't think that 100 per table would look too much. Like you, we'll just be putting them around the mirrors and a little bit onto the table where the tealights are going to sit. This should be far enough away that nobody sits a wine glass on then and spills their drink!!!!

Thanks everybody. I think I'll just buy 1000 purple just now cos chances are we might actually just have 9 tables plus the top table as everybody won't be able to make it.

• kat2000lp
    Beginner
    kat2000lp ·
    • Hide content

Lol yeah i think you are all prob right I just couldnt picture what it would look like! I think I will wait untill you post a pic and judge from that but by the sounds of it I imagine 2 bags will be plenty

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You don't need to scatter them all over the table just around the centrepeice. If they are all over they tend to topple the glasses over as it makes the surface of the table uneven.

You just want this effect:

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

1000 for 2 tables?! is she MAD?!!!

I would say 100 is more than enough to go on/around a mirror but its true, they don't go very far ... This is about 100 on a (rather dirty!) 8" mirror .... I would defo recommend ordering some AB Clear ones to go with your purple - they add spectacular sparkle... but yes, keep them to the centre to avoid unsteady glasses of wine... : )

I'm ordering some swarovski and czech ones in for brides this week, so if you wanted me to get you some sample colours I'd be happy to do so and just add it to my order? There are lots of purple options!!! The acrylic ones really don't give the same effect - they have no sparkle. The Czech crystal is cheaper than Swarovski but you do get what you pay for with crystals.

As for the hotels binning them - they should make an effort to keep most of them safe - along with the rest of the decor on the tables so you can decide what you want to keep and what you don't!! Any hotel who just shoves everything into the table cloth and bins it all should be given a good talking to! I can tell you now if I'd done that for the hotel I worked for doing weddings recently I'd have been out the door with a boot up my eirse.

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Snow patroller yours look great - I love the different colours rather than using just one.

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Tango - the AB and Fuschia ones are the originals from my own wedding in 2008, and I've added a few black more recently as I now use them for my wedding exhibition displays and my company colours are fuschia and black ... (soooo many brides want to order them once they see them scattered on my displays!)

The photo was taken just now to show how 100 on a mirror 'look' as it sounds like heaps but its not when you see them IRL!!!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Mrs SP for the pic - thats really useful. 100 really doesn't look a lot when you see them like that.

I think a pack of 1000 should do for me though

Thanks everybody for their help

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics