Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner July 2010

how many table gems/scatter crystals will I need?

*hoppit*, 21 December, 2009 at 09:54 Posted on Planning 0 6

Sorry, been a very bad hitcher of late, but now I am on xmas hols I am starting to think of wedding things again that I need to get sorted or want to try in the new year. I am going to have some table gems sprinkled around the bottom of the flower vases on a circular mirror that is 30cm round on the tables, but i am not sure how many I will need.

I have 5 tables, and then I was going to sprinkle some down the front of the top table to add a bit of sparkle. ALso does anyone know where to get them cheaply. I wanted the ab crystals and they are half price on confetti at the mo, but it still seems expensive for 144 crystals at £12.49, or is this the kind of prie I have to pay if I want them?

6 replies

Latest activity by Lynseys Designs, 22 December, 2009 at 18:54
  • Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Most websites recommend 100 per table but it just depends on how much you do want to put out. I've looked on confetti and the crystals are only 3mm which is really small. The ones I sell are 5.3mm so nearly twice the size. With the 3mm ones you will need a lot more of them than you would with 5.3mm ones.

My prices can be found here - http://lynseysdesigns.co.uk/table-diamonds/.

HTH

Lynsey x

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I got mine off ebay - not Swarovski or anything like that but I got 1000 6.5mm violet ones for about £5. I'm putting on about 100 maximum per table.

Can I ask where you got your 30cm mirror plates and how much they were??? Still on the look-out for a bargain!!!

Beginner July 2010
    *hoppit* ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, at least I have an idea now of how many I might need! Haven't got the mirrors yet, but wilkinsons do them , they have packs of 3 i think for £10 so planning on getting them from there nearer the time.

• MsJackson78
    Beginner March 2010
    MsJackson78 ·
    • Hide content

Hi the link below will take you to post on hitched where crystals are avaible to buy at really reasonable price I have just emailed asking for some

https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/141864.aspx

also Gillsy there is a really good website called easy florist supplies where you can get really reasonable priced mirror plates.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Just wanted to say the table diamonds on Confetti and the ones I sell are both Swarovski crystals hence the price difference but the cheaper arcylic ones do the same job. They just aren't nearly as nice and sparkly but I personally went for arcylic because Swarovski are just so expensive.

Beginner July 2010
    *hoppit* ·
    • Hide content

So thats why all the prices are so different! i have found a person on the bay of e who sells swarovski crystals for half the price of confetti so may get some of those for the top table then some acrylic ones for the other tables!

I hadn't thought about having some coloured ones so I tihnk i might get some clear and a couple of shades of blue to sprinkle round the tables.

thank you!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

That's good if it's half price again but just check that they are genuine Swarovski Crystal table diamonds and not just flat ones. You can get different shapes and some sit flat on the table instead of having the pointed back like a diamond. I got my acrylic ones from ebay and they did look really like plastic but I wasn't really that bothered. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics