Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charllouise1997
Curious May 2025 Cheshire

How many venues???

Charllouise1997, 3 of October of 2022 at 19:54 Posted on Planning 0 17
Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, how many wedding venues did you enquire about before finding the one?
I think I’m on about my 54th wedding venue and that’s what I’ve enquired about. I have actually looked at probably over 100.
Thanks x

17 replies

Latest activity by Alice, 9 of October of 2022 at 20:41
  • A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    I only visited one and we put the deposit down!

• Charllouise1997
    Charllouise1997 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re just really struggling to find one within budget and distance as well as one we both love!
  • Ellen91
    Dedicated October 2023 West London
    Ellen91 ·
    • Hide content
    I made a big list of mine, think I considered around 50 but whittled it down to 4, all depending on location for us and our guests, capacity of the venue and cost. Make sure you’re realistic with yourself. For example I cancelled a viewing as it would be a marque style wedding where you sort the caterers, marque, bar staff etc. I knew I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of that wedding!!
  • C
    Savvy October 2024 Kent
    Crystal ·
    • Hide content
    Hi,

I booked to see two and picked the first one. I didn’t want to end up viewing several as we don’t exactly have a large budget plus I can be very indecisive. I looked a lot at reviews for the venue online, trip advisor and images plus the packages and prices on offer before agreeing to see them. I think you can end up going around and around in circles! Are you any closer in shortlisting them at least?
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    We looked at two virtually at first as this was in late 2020, early 2021 so there were still Covid restrictions. One of them was the venue we choose in the end. I researched about 3 others online and got costing information but didn’t bother pursuing them as they were over budget or didn’t have the date we wanted.
    We then looked at two more in person later on and one was the venue we choose as it was always our favourite. We wanted everything in the same place as it was easier for guests and we didn’t want a church wedding as I’m not religious at all. It’s important to make sure you have everything you want but also that the venue gives you confidence they will deliver. For example our venue were great with food choices even agreeing to do a different starter and dessert for my mum, future husband and sister and they didn’t even have dietary requirements- just fussy! Lol. I’m decisive so it wasn’t too hard for us. Maybe do a list with pros and cons to help. Good luck
  • A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It all comes down to the Venn diagram of what you want, what you can afford and what’s available. For us we knew we didn’t want a church, we knew we wanted it all in the same place, we knew we couldn’t be bothered with dry hire, we didn’t want outside and we didn’t want a stately home in the middle of nowhere…maybe make a list of what you don’t want a see what is left! We are getting married at a castle/museum in the centre of town x
  • Charllouise1997
    Charllouise1997 ·
    • Hide content
    We’ve already discussed what we want, pros and cons etc.
    We have only looked at venues that are in budget and ones within distance of an hour. We want everything in one place too. There are a few venues that we like more than others and we are going to see these.
    Just wanted a rough idea of how many other people looked at and considered before choosing a venue. Thanks for all your replies🥰
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

We looked at about 10 online and 3 in person and were seriously considering booking the third venue, but then had an issue with it so viewed a fourth venue and booked it.

• A
    Beginner June 2024 Devon
    Amber ·
    • Hide content
    I think we looked at about 8 altogether. We went round all the ones locally to us and didn’t like any of them.
    We’ve ended up booking a venue in Dorset which we absolutely fell in love with but is a good 5 hour drive from where we live. But we decided that if people really want to be there then they will! So I wouldn’t let distance put you off too much if there is somewhere you love x
  • Lex
    Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire
    Lex ·
    • Hide content
    We had about 8 on our list, visited 4 and ended up going with the 2nd one we had visited!
  • S
    Curious September 2023 Wiltshire
    Sophy ·
    • Hide content
    Probably emails around 10 and visited 3.our came down to price, accessibility for my partners grandparents and distance from the church where we are having our ceremony 😀
  • Abi
    Dedicated May 2024 Conwy
    Abi ·
    • Hide content
    We’ve found 2 we like, in our budget - one is a preferred, one not so much but we’re going to see both and hopefully deciding from there!
  • E
    Beginner April 2024 Wiltshire
    Elissa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well you’ve made me feel a whole lot better! We’ve viewed about 15 venues and desperate to find ‘The One’ but just haven’t got that feeling yet. So frustrating but just got to trust that it will happen 😊 Just want to get planning now! Good luck with your search and hope you find the one soon ☝🏻 X
  • Charllouise1997
    Charllouise1997 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am sooo glad someone else has been to more than 5.. I was thinking i'd never find a venue but looks like other people do struggle. We're going to view 2, hopefully this week and we're hoping we get the feeling that everyone says you get! Fingers crossed!!

Good luck with your search x

• Charllouise1997
    Charllouise1997 ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou for all your replies. We are going to view 2 hopefully this week coming x

• Leeanne
    Curious June 2024 Gloucestershire
    Leeanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same for me! Owlpen manor x
  • Alice
    Beginner September 2023 Lothian & Borders
    Alice ·
    • Hide content
    We found maybe 10 prospective ones, but I quickly realised that any venue that does not post at least a price range on their website is taking the p and wasting everyone's time. So I wrote off any which didn't have prices.

We went to view our first choice, it was perfect, we booked it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics