Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BustyB
Beginner June 2012

How much alcohol??????

BustyB, 30 March, 2011 at 16:34 Posted on Planning 0 10

We will be getting married at about midday, so by the time that we get back to the recpetion venue it will be about 1/1.30 ish. So if you were at a wedding reception from 1.30 - about midnight, how much would you drink?

We arent having a bar, we are buying all the wine beer etc beforehand as the reception is in my families garden. So how much do you think you would have?

Bx

10 replies

Latest activity by lovelygirl, 30 March, 2011 at 19:35
  • M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I would say it depends if your guests are drinkers or not. If it was me I would provide maybe Pimms / Beer for arrival followed by Champagne for toasts then beer / wine / water for the evening.

Not sure quantity I would order though. If you have a look around you maybe able to find a wholesaler who can offer you a sale or return that way if you have too much you can get your money back on the bottles you did'nt use.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm. I wouldn't consider myself a massive drinker, but this is almost a whole day we're talking here.

I guess I'd have a glass of something for the toast, and then I wouldn't want to mix so I'd stay on the wine. Possibly 1-2 glasses during the dinner, then depending on timings, one before the evening reception. One at the start of the evening reception, and probably a couple more during the night depending on how I was feeling. So maybe a bottle in total for me, at the most, or half a bottle if I was too busy dancing!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

A LOT!! Its really difficult but i would certainly over estimate as there would be nothing worse than running out ?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I don't drink a lot but i'd probably want 4 or 5 alcoholic drinks and the same in soft drinks in that time.

OHs friends by contrast are big drinkers and seem to work off a pint per every 30mins to 45mins!

• BustyB
    Beginner June 2012
    BustyB ·
    • Hide content

Yups its so tricky! Much rather have way too much than not enough! Problem is I dont tend to drink much at all, so I have abolutely no idea how much others drink! I was estimating about 2 bottles of wine for each person, would you say that is enough? Or not enough? We will also have beer and soft drinks.

Thanks everyone Smiley smile

Bx

• E
    Beginner September 2011
    Emsyb2000 ·
    • Hide content

I am also pondering this very same question. Our guests are drinkers, but we are not getting married until 3.

have been advised to go and have a taster session at majestic wine- they will help you decide how much you need ( and give you tasters?) but you don't have to get it from them in the end.

Tescos have got great deals at the moment - incuding nearly half price prossecco?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

It's really hard to guage without knowing your guests. I've seen my friends / SIL have 2 bottles of wine between 7pm and midnight, but I don't think i'd get through a bottle (I'm a spirits drinker, if I drink)

• BustyB
    Beginner June 2012
    BustyB ·
    • Hide content

Thats a great idea Emsyb!!!! Thank you Smiley smile xxx

• E
    Beginner September 2011
    Emsyb2000 ·
    • Hide content

No probs BustyB.

We are also going to only offer beer and wine.... and kind of do a BYO on Spirits. Most of the people will be staying at the venue so we thought that would be more acceptable - is it???

Also - have you seen this www.cocktailcampers.com/

• BustyB
    Beginner June 2012
    BustyB ·
    • Hide content

I think thats acceptable - I think thats what we will be doing for the spirits too!

Oooooh I want I want I want!!!!! Heheh thank you for showing me this link! Smiley laugh

Bx

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

We are providing the alcohol as we having the reception at village hall with no bar...

We are doing BYO spirits.......

The amount of booze keeps changing....... and i have lost count of what we have got

12 bottle of asti - we are not champagne, prosecco or cava drinkers

36 bottle of red 15 rose and 6 white (need to buy more white)

getting a keg of ale + several crates and i think some scrumpy....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics