Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner October 2013

How much are you spending on flowers?

Irisbride, 22 of August of 2012 at 21:48 Posted on Planning 0 16

I've contacted a few florists to get some quotes, as I know they vary, but I don't want to arrange meetings with them if I know they're out of my price bracket. Problem is the first one has emailed me back and said 'what is your budget for flowers?' I don't know what is reasonable to spend. I'm not that fussy about having specific flowers, but do need quite a lot because we have the church and reception venue to decorate. However, I also don't want to be cheap- just 'average'. How much do you think is reasonable to pay as a ball-park figure for the following sort of package:

Bridal Boquet, 3 bridesmaid boquets, 2 corsages, 6 buttonholes. pew ends (maybe 20?). 8 centrepieces, a floral arrangement for the top table and a couple of other arrangements (one for the top table and maybe one for the guest book table)?

Your wisdom would be much appreciated!

x

16 replies

Latest activity by Hypnopoison, 26 of August of 2012 at 10:32
  • hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

From the florist we are having a bridal shower bouquet, 4 x bridesmaid hand tied bouquets, 2 x flower girls wrist corsages, 8 x buttonholes, 3 x corsages, 2 x deluxe corsages from the florist for just short of £400. Flowers are roses and orchids (price will be affected by what you choose - we're paying more for the orchids)

From the church flower arrangers we are having flowers for either side of the screen, candles and flowers on the pew ends and bay trees for the entrance for £200. this is our church:-

I'd definitely recommend asking the church whether they have their own flower arrangers as they offered us a really good price

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

We had 7 large centrepieces, long display for top table/registrar table (moved it in between ceremony and reception), 5 buttonholes, 3 BM bouquets and 1 bridal bouquet. This cost approx 850.00

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

We were quoted £40 a table for centerpieces from the florist! So we've bought candelabras instead. Reckon it will cost us about £20 a table but hopefully we can sell them again afterwards

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

One Shower bouquet, 2 handtied BM posies, 1 FG wand, 6 special button holes, 3 magnetic (for the ladies), 15 other button holes, alter flowers (to be moved to reception top table), 8 long vases with floating lights and flower arrangements with big stick things, 2 thank you bouquets, table crystals and bouquet to chuck! Hot pink gerberas, pink and ivory roses, erygnium (dark blue thistle things). £450 give or take. #

We're also talking to the church as there's a lady that will coordinate the church flowers to our colour scheme for a fraction of the cost of a florist.

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

Cheeky flash of my table decs although the ribbon, butterflies and sticks will be Midnight Blue and there'll be floaty lights.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Love your centrepiece jalapeno.

As the others have mentioned, a lot depends on what you would like, what flowers you choose, if they are in season, the size of the arrangements, whether you would like vases included or if you are hiring etc. With the bridal flowers, the price is determined by the style and size of the bouquet and the amount of work/skill involved in making it . If the flowers are in season, this will also work out a little bit cheaper than if they are out of season. As a rule, the more complicated the bouquet is to make, the more money it will cost because it will take longer to make. For table decs, it really is 'how long is a piece of string' unless you can give your florist a guide as to how much you would like to spend and then she can come up with ideas within your budget.

Easiest way is to show or email them all photos of designs you like for yourself, bridesmaids, buttonholes, table decs and give them an absolute maximum price that you are prepared to pay for each. With table decs, it's always worth remembering that less is more in that you can have a stunning centrepiece with just a few flowers and unusual leaves. Ask for quotes from both the church and your florist for these flowers as sometimes one can charge less than the other and if someone else is marrying on the same day, you could offer to share the cost of these flowers with the other couple.

There are some prices on my website which may help to give you a ball park figure. Mine are all artificial but these days, there isn't a huge difference in price between realistic artificial flowers and fresh unless you go for luxury fresh blooms such as orchids, lily of the valley, lilies etc. Hope this helps.

• E
    Beginner September 2012
    emma.sullivan ·
    • Hide content

I think the pricing is also effected by where you live.

We're in essex and for £250 we're getting my flowers (hand tied roses), 3 bridesmaids flowers (roses and gerbras), 9 table centre pieces (same as the bridesmaids), 11 button holes, grooms' buttonhole and 3 mums corsages)

We're also getting out chair covers from her so there is only one delivery price for both (£30 in total)

• E
    Beginner September 2012
    emma.sullivan ·
    • Hide content

Sorry forgot to mention, you should make a list of what you would like befor you go along and an idea/maximum amount of how much you would like to spend/can justify spending.

A good florist should be able to give you advice on what would be cheaper, looks better, what you actually need etc. For example we're going to use some of our flowers on the registrar's table and for the wedding breakfast. Also do not be afraid to negotiate- the worst they can say is no and you haven't lost anything

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content

Like you i emailed a selection of florists to find out on average what we would spend and also included a selection of photos of the type of bouquet i was after and to match everything else to that. The florist i chose asked me when we met what our budget was and she amended our flower choices around this and informed me what would/would'nt be in season and gave me other options.

I'm getting my flowers from a place in Wimbledon Village and ours will be costing £450. This includes: my bouquet, 3 bridesmaids posies, 6 button holes, 1 corsage and 7 table centres.

Another way to save costs is if you are having centrepieces to use your own vases etc as they will charge you hire and collection cost for these. I am also getting my dad to collect the bridal party flowers up on the day, so i oly have to pay 1 set of delivery charges to the venue.

• karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I'm having silk flowers for mine so they really weren't all that expensive. In fact, I got bridal boquet, 3 x bridesmaids, 15 x buttonholes and 1 x display for £140.00. They are silk though so that makes them cheaper.

K

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

This was our breakdown:

Brides Bouquet £45 - Hand tied 12 large Cream/White Gerberas with looped bear grass and bound with ribbon

Bridesmaids Bouquets – 2 @ £30 = £60 - Hand tied 8 large Cream/White Gerberas bound with ribbon

Buttonholes - 8 @ £3.00 each = £24 - 8 small White/Cream Gerbera and foliage, 1 of which will have looped bear grass for the Groom

Table Arrangements – 8 @ £30 each = £240 (includes vase, mirror & bead hire) 12inch Clear Glass Fishbowls with clear beads sat on a mirror plate containing 6 large Gerberas of the same colour, tied and with looped bear grass (each fishbowl will contain a different colour Gerbera).

Table Arrangement – 1 @ £20 (includes vase hire) - Tall Clear Trumpet vase with Pompei Lily and Steel Grass

Registrars Table Arrangement - £50

Garland of Foliage with small Cream/White Gerberas and Thistle (for table length 1.2m)

Delivery & set up £40

Few pics
    :

• N
    Beginner June 2013
    natsastar ·
    • Hide content

Sian-Tiffany - i love your flowers!! ?

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ? i love Gerberas so i put as many as i could in the day. Each table was a different colour so you were on the white, hot pink, baby pink, red, yellow, orange table etc....

• karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too, my fav flowers by far, I'm having them in my bouquet

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We are paying around £850 and this is for:

8 table centrepeices and top table

Brides bouquet

1 xBridesmaid Bouquet

3 Flowergirl flowers

6 Button holes

A big heart made from flowers

2 x foliage hearts

Price depends on type of flowers. Also some charge to hire your centrepeices etc.

HTH

• Hypnopoison
    Beginner September 2012
    Hypnopoison ·
    • Hide content

Hello my florist quoted the following, but I am just waiting for final confirmation of prices as I've just selected what I am definitely having after seeing a mok up (highly recommended and only cost £50):

Brides Handtied bouquet £100

Adult bridesmaid £60

Flower girl options
    Wand £25
    Pomander £35
    Basket £35
    Button holes
    3. Buttonholes:-
    a) Groom’s rose Boutonnieres £6.50, callas £11, germinis £6, carnation b/h £4 each
    b) rose b/h from £6, calla lilies from £10.50, germinis £5
    for information:-
    c) Corsages from £9 (roses), £17 for Vanda orchids £14 for other orchids corsages
    d) Rose Wrist corsages £10
    2 pillars with small pedestal arrangements @£95 each
    Long and low £95

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics