Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner March 2015

How much are you spending on your centrepieces?

*CrazyCatLady*, 25 of February of 2014 at 00:02 Posted on Planning 0 21

Hi all!

So we've set the date for March 2015 and now we're all systems go! We found our dream venue which was slightly *ahem* over budget so are now trying to figure out how much we should be spending on other things.

We aren't sure whether we should make our own centrepieces and, if so, how much we should spend doing it or if, alternatively, we should just hire them/pay someone else to do it but, again, don't know what is a reasonable cost.

Please can anyone offer any advice???

Thank you Smiley smile

21 replies

Latest activity by Wife In Training, 25 of February of 2014 at 21:39
  • slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

We made ours - cost us £100 birdcages , £10 stationary for them , £30 jars , £1.00 for book to make table confetti and £8 for heart cutter.

my mum has to fill the cages with flowers so obv that will cost some pennies xxx

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

Ps depending what they are you can sell them after though which makes making your own a bit better x

Beginner March 2015
    *CrazyCatLady* ·
    • Hide content

We were thinking birdcages also - where did you get yours from? xxx

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Our florist is charging around £25- £30 per table (I cant decide on flowers). We are having logs,jam jars filled with flowers etc but she doesnt charge for the hire of the vases. Another florist wanted £45 for the same setup. Depending on florists in your area you may find they supply the birdcages free if you are booking them for your bouquets etc.

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

We are got ours from Ebay----

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-Shabby-Vintage-Style-Wirework-Bird-Cage-Planter-Medium-731M-/141198351130?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item20e013db1a

That is the seller we got our from but bought now for £100 inclusive of postage. I get married in April so will be selling all 10 of mine then - how many did you need? x

• jenna1207
    Curious August 2014
    jenna1207 ·
    • Hide content

Hey there

I;m getting married in August this year and am having candles in a hurricane vase as my centrepiece.

I got the vases and candles from an outlet centre - I got ten of each for £68.00! My mum's friend is making some flower garlands to put around the base of the vase and I am buying some "diamond" type crystals to scatter on the tables!

I'm hoping all of that will come to less than £100-£150 for 8 tables. (Two vases on top table!)

I'm hoping they will look something like this but blue - although not sure the flowers will be as full....

I would definately try and do your centrepieces yourself rather than pay someone - unless the price is right! You could always give them away as gifts or ebay them afterwards!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We had lanterns and got ours from ebay and even haggled the price down from £9 to £7 each x 9 tables. Plus a couple of quid for led candles from china and blue table crystals and mirrors for £3 each from Wilkinsons!

So about £10-£11 per table!

• millielovesroses
    Beginner March 2014
    millielovesroses ·
    • Hide content

Ive made mine, birdcages with flowers inside on 4 tables and jars with flowers on the other 4, with the usual petal confetti on the tables too. Bought all the stuff from a company called weddingmall.co.uk (or com, cant remember lol). So did it all for probably just over £100. x

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

Main centerpiece feature £210 (estimate)

table diamonds £5 (already bought)

table name signs (unknown yet)

tea light candles £5 (buying in the next few weeks)

tea light holders (unknown yet)

place cards (unknown yet)

the table decor is a big thing for me though as its the most eye catching of the decor imho but you could do much simpler things very cheap, pinterest have some good DIY centerpiece ideas that look cute for people who dont want to spend much

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    julie26.04.14 ·
    • Hide content

I am in the process of buying white potted orchids at £5.00 which we are going to place in fishbowls (borrowed from the florist). We are going to place calla lillies and grasses inside the bowl and place on a mirror on the table. This is going to cost us a total of £14.00 a table for two of the potted orchids, which at the end of the reception we will give as presents to people who have helped us. We are lucky though because we have a total of 5 tables.

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

We are having a simple jug with wild/meadow flowers in an English Country Cottage style.... they are being based on this arrangement. I picked these last year from my Aunties garden, a few months before she died so they are very important to me.

Very simple but very me I think!

The flowers for each jug arrangment are £20 each and then I will supply the jugs at no more than £10 each so all in all, £150.

?

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

We're thinking of getting family to save their jam jars for us then half filling them with sweets tying a ribbon round the top and putting pin wheels in, should cost next to nothing.

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Not having them so £0. Bargain. ?

• chels1315
    Beginner August 2015
    chels1315 ·
    • Hide content

We are having a log with a mixure of jars with flowers and candles in and lanterns.

have asked family to save their jars but got alot of small jars as our little boy currently loves the cow and gate rice pudding in jars lol

my nan is going to be doing our flowers for the jars, having artifical so will be cheaper.

looking at spending no more than £20/£30 a table

• emjjarvy
    Beginner September 2014
    emjjarvy ·
    • Hide content

About £50 in total.

I have covered glass jars / bottles with lace fabric (

• BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

£85 per table for 9 tables.

Our florist is doing them and they are pretty much the most expensive ones she does so we aren't skimping on them! I'm not a DIY kinda girl (I much admire people who can create, I just make a mess every time i try!) so, yeah, we are going for the buying rather than the making on pretty much everything!

• cass_b
    Beginner April 2014
    cass_b ·
    • Hide content

We have 8 tables @ £100 each, the florist will look after everything, personally we love flowers and wanted the wow effect.

Beginner March 2015
    *CrazyCatLady* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone - some great ideas!!! Seems birdcage is a popular idea which is great as it means it should be quite competitively priced. Also love the jars ideas so will get saving those now Smiley smile xxx

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to say something controversial here but why are birdcages popular? A friend of mine claims they are symbols of misogyny/trapped marriages.

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just liked them lol x

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

We're not having a sit down meal, so not going overboard with centrepieces, but did want something nice on the tables. I'm having small fishbowls with gravel, and floating flower-shaped candles along with purple stem-vases (from Dunelm Mill) which will each (hopefully) contain a calla lily which I have just planted bulbs for on my bedroom window ledge! Total cost for 9 tables will be around £50.

• W
    Beginner November 2014
    Wife In Training ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm so glad you said this!

We're paying pretty much the same and I've felt very guilty for spending so much on our centrepieces but I've fallen in love with them!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics