Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gillsy
Beginner April 2010

How much are your centrepieces?

Gillsy, 9 of November of 2009 at 12:42 Posted on Planning 0 23

Can I ask how much you are spending (or did spend) per table on your centrepiece and what you are having???

Having a re-think about the fishbowls - was in IKEA earlier but didn't see anything that was reasonable.

23 replies

Latest activity by ch4r1ie, 10 of November of 2009 at 12:30
  • missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content

I've no idea what Im having yet, but my venue can supply table centre pieces. They have various vases, candles etc so I'll be going in to see them at the beginning of the year to agree something.

Sorry that's not much help, but what I was going to ask was, do you know how many tables you will need? Also, are you taking them off in the evening and are you planning on putting anything on the tables in the evening (obviously there will be more tables to accomodate your evening guests).

I think if I was paying for them, I'd probably want to work to a budget, so say I was confortable paying £100 and needed 10 tables, then £10 each. Or if I needed other decorations (tea lights or something) for the evening, I'd be deducting that off the price too! x

ETA - I just noticed it's 5 months until your wedding! Where has the time gone!

• L
    Beginner November 2010
    littleredhead ·
    • Hide content

These are my centrepieces:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/little_red_head/4078314401/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/little_red_head/4078314247/

Black candle plate from Ikea - £4

Candles - Approx £3

Fake burgundy petals from Ikea - £1 (£2 box was enough to do two centrepieces so £1 each)

Fake ivy leaves - £0.50 per centrepiece

Total per centrepiece - £8.50.

Quite effective I thought and a bit different to the norm.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Crazy aint it?!?!?!

Thanks girls - I had thought of about £10 per table. We are having 10 tables (probably) so £100 in total. It hasn't quite worked out this way as what I'm looking at will cost at least £17 per table which I'm thinking is too much and is why I'm re-thinking.

Was hoping whatever was on the tables would be there in the evening too.

Sorry meant to say - littleredhead - can't get onto those websites at work but will check later once I'm home. Thanks for the info.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I originally thought about test-tube style vases with a single gerbera flower in it - I was quoted £1.50 for the flower and about the same again for the bases in Ikea.

I'm now thinking of fishbowls from the florist - with floating gerbera head, grass and coloured beads/crystals for £5 each.

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Im having 10 centre peices in total and they are costing £75 to make all 10.

The pics arent great as its just a mock up using a friends vase but the vase will be slightly taller to cover the top of the gerbera and the gel in the middle will be to the top and then there will be one gerbera on each side of the vase, two sides pale pink, two sides bright pink, then that will be stood on a mirror with a couple of tealights.

Hope that helps! x

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know, it's going so quickly! Did you say you had a dress fitting coming up? Have I missed it?

Personally I wouldn't pay £17 a table, that would be a bit much for me!

The only reason I was saying about the tables in the evening is, I asked my venue if they would leave the decorations on for evening and they said that they would change them when they turned the room around as there would be more tables in the evening and they wouldn't all have centrepieces. They said instead at night they will put little tea lights and mirrors on all the tables so they are all the same x

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

We were hoping to have a tall vase, which we can possibly get engraved if it's not too expensive with "Mr & Mrs G 26th Sept 2010" and put some silk flowers in. Not sure how many guests/tables we'll be having.

What are the vases you saw in Ikea Like and do they look like they could be engraved? lol x

• Charlied
    Beginner October 2010
    Charlied ·
    • Hide content

These are my centrepieces:

Maybe I could just put candles on the wood (which OH will source, so if you see someone walking round with chainsaw dont panic) then florist will put some folage round. Cheap as chips!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Moya, your centrepieces are gorgeous - v creative!!!!

Missdeedee I go for my dress fitting on Saturday - will be great to see how the dress looks when it actually fits me. Had to have it taken in about 2 sizes!!!!

I think £17 per table is too much too but everything else I look at is going to cost much the same. I was in IKEA earlier pricing up different stuff but by the time you add a vase at £10 then some candles, your mirrored plate and the crystals its the same price. Even doing 3 candles on a mirrored plate which is what I originally wanted is going to cost more than I would have thought!!!!

What I was planning was fishbowls and mirrored plates which are costing £11.50 each then the florist will fill them for £5 each with 3 gebras and some bear grass. I've got 3 tea light holders and tealights (obviously...lol) on each table then a small scattering of crystals. Might work out about £18 actually.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Charlie - I think these centrepieces are gorgeous but it always comes back to price doesn't it. You could sell any extras after the day. I keep checking the 'For Sale' board to see if anybody is selling off their mirrored plates and fishbowls in the size that I'm looking for....lol

• Charlied
    Beginner October 2010
    Charlied ·
    • Hide content

Gillsy have you thought of hiring them all done? I know some companies do this, might work out cheaper.

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

I think im going to sell mine afterwards, get some of the money back. My friend at her wedding gave her centrepeices away as gifts to those who helped plan the wedding so sort of cut the cost of buying gifts as well.

I like your wooden ones though! They are really different and really nice!

ETA - Thanks gill! I missed your compliment there!

• Charlied
    Beginner October 2010
    Charlied ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Clearly being very simple today, of course you will either sell or gift (we are a thrifty bunch) - not sure gifting a bit of dead wood would work with mine though, at least I will be able to burn them on the fire afterwards - really must start making mock ups. (((goes off picking up candles and eyeing up tree to cut down))))

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did think of this and looked into it but for some reason its actually more expensive to hire than it is to buy - v strange!!!!

• Charlied
    Beginner October 2010
    Charlied ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked on 'easyfloristsupplies' for mirror plates, or are they still too expensive? Not really looked into it much because OH doesnt like them (clearly he likes wood -lol) but will keep an eye open.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Charlie - easyfloristsupplies still a little bit expensive by the time you add on the postage.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Hi Gillsy. I'm having huge cocktail vases for my centrepeices. I went a bit crazy one day and brought 10 vases for 12.98 each off the internet, and when they were delivered at work they were in 3 HUGE boxes I could only fit one in the car at a time. I think they're 60 cm tall, but with all the protective packaging the box is almost double that.

I also didnt think about where I am going to store them for the next 10 months, and my cats have already smashed one! I am doing my won flowers (well my aunts are) so that should cut costs a little.

I was quoted £15 per vase to hire, so it has worked out cheaper, and I intend to sell them after. Infact theyre taking up so much room atm I might sell them sooner! You can borrow them if you like Gillsy ?

• Mogwai
    Beginner October 2009
    Mogwai ·
    • Hide content

I'm paying £300 for flowers for the tables at our London reception on Saturday. We're having a simple arrangement of hot pink gerberas and little lime flowers on each table. The venue have their own mirrored plates which we are using. I'm also borrowing some really pretty green patterned votives from my step-SIL and will have 3 on each table.

I know I could have done my centrepieces for a lot less, but I still have some much to do (150 cupcakes each with homemade sugarpaste decorations, table plan and table numbers, unpacking after honeymoon, meet with the venue, flat hunting etc etc) and only a few days to do it all!

• Mogwai
    Beginner October 2009
    Mogwai ·
    • Hide content

I'm paying £300 for flowers for the tables at our London reception on Saturday. We're having a simple arrangement of hot pink gerberas and little lime flowers on each table. The venue have their own mirrored plates which we are using. I'm also borrowing some really pretty green patterned votives from my step-SIL and will have 3 on each table.

I know I could have done my centrepieces for a lot less, but I still have some much to do (150 cupcakes each with homemade sugarpaste decorations, table plan and table numbers, unpacking after honeymoon, meet with the venue, flat hunting etc etc) and only a few days to do it all!

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Iv paid £5.50 per table a set. 1 mirrored plate, 1 vases and 5 tealight holders per table. just gota fill the vases now so looking at ten pounds per table.

• bridgetvictoria
    Beginner April 2010
    bridgetvictoria ·
    • Hide content

We got a quote through for £30 per table centre. And they weren't even that elaborate!

Moral of the story- don't get married in South London!!!!

What we're going for now is a small silver tub from Ikea with a candle in the middle and greenery around the outside which my family will be making the night before the wedding (althought they don't actually know this yet...

Also we got a roll of mirror paper from Kleeneze and have stuck it onto cardboard circles and got 11 mirror table centrea for about £5. And they can't get broken (although they might get used as frizzbees by the end of the night!).

• diamondsragirlsbestfriend!
    Beginner May 2008
    diamondsragirlsbestfriend! ·
    • Hide content

We ended up getting potted orchids from Tesco's. They were the pinky/purple flowers in lovely white ceramic pots - fitted in well with our venue and theme. The idea was to give them away afterwards but we forgot so my Mum ended up with a few extra orchids. We got 8 in total and they came to just under £30 for the lot (there was an offer on plants at the time but they were still pretty reasonable full price from what I remember).

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

ByGeorge HIB will correct me if I am wrong, but if I remember correctly I think my two designs come in at £75 and £90 - I am having very tall vases filled with Hydrangeas and David Austen roses the other design is a silver candelabra with a ball of Hydrangeas around the centre and pearls draped from each candle stem. I am hoping that the the tall vase centrepieced can be handed out to my Nan and my aunties at the end of the night

It sounds like a lot of money but I have chosen not to have chair covers or balloons or drapes etc - I wanted all of my venue decoration budget to go on my flowers and have a wow effect, bit like this wedding (if you ignore the ceiling drapes!) :

I would have loved to have made my own but I am not patient or creative enough!

• ch4r1ie
    Beginner July 2010
    ch4r1ie ·
    • Hide content

I was going to have topiary's as my table centrepieces, like this:

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss359/ch4r1ie/Wedding%20Stuff/IMAG0200.jpg

But I have noticed down Tesco they sell the perfect shade of teal vases, at 2.50 odd each, so am now thinking of buying those and just having a long stemmed gerbera in each. Am liking the idea of engraving the vases though. So anyway, I have 5 ivory topiary's like in the picture, all boxed and brand new, that I bought for £75 plus £5 delivery from another site if anyones interested?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics