Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

JayneysGettingMarried
Beginner June 2017

How much are your wedding invites?

JayneysGettingMarried, 15 of September of 2015 at 20:50 Posted on Planning 0 17

I decided to make my own invites as thought it would be cheaper. Just done a quick price up and its coming back as £1.58 per invite. I cant work out if thats expensive or not?! xx

17 replies

Latest activity by Charliebob, 21 of September of 2015 at 17:28
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I only needed one and couldn't find what I wanted at all so wrote it as a story lol. Have a look online for something you like and compare the cost. Then decide which is cheaper by how much and whether you prefer a home made one and if you have the time to do it. X

• V
    Beginner October 2015
    Vicki2015 ·
    • Hide content

Ours cost £37.09 for 50 invites with envelopes inc p&p. We got ours through Vistaprint, they have deals on a fair bit so worth a look if you are on a budget X

• F
    Beginner August 2015
    Flowers2015 ·
    • Hide content

That sounds like a great price. I had tea towel invites and they were brilliant and all our guests loved them but they were expensive. Once we added up inserts boxes for posting and the actual postage as each had to be weighed they worked out about £7:50 each. Which in hindsight is quite ridiculous but it was what we wanted and we wouldn't change them if we could do it all again

Do whatever you are comfortable with and have the time and patience to do.

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Our invitations were £4.80 each plus shipping. Quite expensive but we only needed 10 so we were able to afford the "luxury" of professionally handmade invitations. If we had had a bigger wedding, we probably would have gone for something less expensive.

£1.58 sounds good to me for handmade invitations, you'd definitely pay more for a professional to make them. I reckon there are ways to get them cheaper, if you went for printed invitations without much fuss, from Vistaprint for example. We got our Save the Dates from there and will probably get our thank you cards there as well.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I think ours were £3 each, but we also only needed ten. I might have shopped around more if I'd needed a larger quantity.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Interesting... I'm starting to think about invites and was on vistaprint last night. For a reasonably bog-standard invite, it was working out at ~60p each, minimum order of 10. Bearing in mind we'll need ~70-80, I figured that wasn't too bad.

I'm really not fussed about the invites being all singing and dancing, though. As long as it has the date, place and our names, I don't really care Smiley tongue

Beginner April 2016
    *Nik* ·
    • Hide content

We are making our own invites and I have done the basic template for them all. Just have to print out the wording and make the info cards. They are just simple window fold invites with ribbon and it came to be about £80 for 90 invites and info cards not inc. p&p

• B
    Beginner June 2016
    Beth_Tyler ·
    • Hide content

It depends what you are looking for and the impact you want to make I suppose - and of course your overall budget!

We have been looking at getting letterpress invites, our friend got some done and they were stunning, really luxurious. I've been pricing letterpress invitations up and 50 invitations are about £210 which is more expensive than some online companies but the quality is far superior, my friend framed hers after the wedding they were so nice, little pieces of art, real mementos. The hand made route is lovely too but doing them yourself will be stressful I think and the finished product might look a bit amateurish or it would if I tried anyway! Smiley smile

xxx

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

I DIY'd everything on our invites, including printing. So for around 100 invites it worked out at around £20.00

• G
    Beginner March 2016
    gemmaandchris ·
    • Hide content

Ours are from pocketfold invites. They were £3.50 each and included two inserts and an RSVP

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

We were diy - max 70p (was 35p until i remembered envelopes........). we did have access to embossing powders/stamps though. really loved the making though to be honest, it was a fun task for OH and i.

• KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

Ours were £4 each for a customised handmade invitation from a professional.

vistaprint is a good idea. You could always add some embellishments if you wanted to make them a bit more glitzy/personal.

• K
    Beginner June 2016
    kirstypalmer ·
    • Hide content

I have been looking at letterpress invitations, they are stunning. From Montpelier Press http://montpelierpress.co.uk/ they are coming in at £4 an invite which I think is really good value for a luxury invitation - really beautiful.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

We had 83 for just over £209-ish

• Inspyre
    Beginner August 2016
    Inspyre ·
    • Hide content

I think at this rate I'll be handmaking ours. Just doing our STDs now and they're working out about £5 for all the materials excluding printing costs and one-offs like rotary trimmers!

Some of the leftover materials will be used in my bouquet and the invites too.

The invites will be up to about £1.50 each if I scale up how much these have cost, which is pretty good!

• JayneysGettingMarried
    Beginner June 2017
    JayneysGettingMarried ·
    • Hide content

I've used vistaprint for my save the dates but didn't like any of the wedding invites. I've got about 50 invites needed for day guests. I'm quite crafty and love getting stuck into a project so I'm happy to make them, I have enough time!! Thanks all ?

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

My invitations, STDs and thanks notelets came out to less that £1 each incl VAT through Vistaprint, but everything was simple: all detail was on a free wedding website.

• Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

We needed about 30 something invites, so bought 40 incase any mistakes etc. I love ours, we didn't want to spend too much. But for £1 per invite these are amazing. They come with RSVP cards and you can choose your own wording and font and colour of ribbon. These are from Ebay.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics