Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Snailsandsushi
Beginner March 2014

How much confetti? And paper or petals?

Snailsandsushi, 25 of January of 2014 at 12:01 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi ladies,

Quick question as we start tying up the last loose ends!

Confetti - how much do you get?? We have about 60 day guests, and thought a bag between people to share would probably be enough but having read through some posts, now very confused! Is it a bag/ cone each? Or I saw some ladies recommending one big basket full?

Also, would you recommend paper or petal confetti (as petals seem fairly expensive!). If petals, how many litres would you recommend?

Finally, we're looking at confetti for the tables for the wedding breakfast, and were tempted by acrylic confetti but thought it would be nice to get a second opinion.

Thank you!!

9 replies

Latest activity by miss pickle, 26 of January of 2014 at 16:09
  • goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

I bought natural petals from shropshire petals (our venue only allowed bio degradable petals so check that)

We bought 4 litres of delphineums( through special offers there are 2xlitres for £20)

We then found a 20% off code which we used too, with postage came to about £35ish. Cannot for the life of me remember the code, a quick google brings up this 10% one though - I will try and find the other one....

When I saw the bags I didnt think they'd go far but yesterday started filling up the little pillow boxes we bought

We we going to fill 30 boxes so there would be one between two people, but infact just on the first litre we filled 15+ boxes, so we can do 60 boxes for everyone.

I did think it was a lot of money, but now that I have it I love it and I'm glad we chose it, smells gorgeous and hopefully will make for some beautiful photos.

The will send you a completely free sample of two colours on the website too!!

We went for Pink Lemonade Smiley smile

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

30 will be plenty even if you have 130 guests as not everyone will want to throw confetti and then you will only get around 15- 20 people around you anyway before the others just cant reach you (you cant throw it very far). But do first check with your venue if you can use paper. See how many people are in these two confetti shots.Although some of them are cut off.

And this was 1 of 2 baskets

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Im not providing confetti

• Hide content
    View quoted message

Its funny, years ago you never did- and the guests always brought it along themselves. I think it may of started when stately homes started to take on weddings and didn't like confetti all over the place and so demanded bio or petals which were not readily available at the newsagents like those little blue boxes of confetti.
    So now it has just become an added expense to the whole wedding.
    Some people want the confetti shot and so buy the confetti to make sure they have enough, or do they want the confetti shot because they have spent a small fortune on it.
  • H
    Beginner May 2014
    herstory ·
    • Hide content

I will be getting petals, the venue charges a clean up fee for paper/artificial confetti, I also need to ensure none of my guests bring their own paper confetti, a box costing a guest a couple of quid could end up costing us the better part of £100 pounds!

I want the confetti shoot! So will probably buy way too much ?

I think the foil/acrylic confetti is great for table decoration, especially if your theme doesn't go with dried petals. Definitely check with your venue what is allowed if acrylic confetti is out then the small crystals you get do look fab.

• Snailsandsushi
    Beginner March 2014
    Snailsandsushi ·
    • Hide content

All really helpful posts, thank you everyone.

in our group of friends, we're the first ones to get married so in all honesty, I didn't realise traditionally you wouldn't even provide it. I've seen some bags of biodegradable paper hearts which look like they could do the trick, and wouldn't be too expensive.

Does anyone have an opinion on the acrylic crystals you sometimes see on tables? Do petals look nicer?

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    herstory ·
    • Hide content

I think petals/crystals on the table depends on your theme, they both look fab.

• Hide content

Thats the first time ive come across that one, how do they police this do you have to pay the £100 first and you get it back if no one throws it.

As for crystals or petals on the table I somtimes see both on the table, some times lots of smaller crystals mixed with a view bigger ones (which I think may get taken home) Also what I have seen is rounded ones like the pink gerbra photo and some of these can go up the the size of a half sucked foxes glasser mint

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    herstory ·
    • Hide content

Its in our contract with the venue, as we get a final bill after the wedding I am sure it would get add to that, along with the fee if any one causes damage to any furniture or carpets due to excess alcohol consumption.

My venues main business is conferences, which means the place is much more pristine than some of the venues we looked around, I couldn't believe how tired and worn out some venues looked, our wedding contract reflects the fact they would like to keep it that way!

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

we are having card cut out confetti for the table decorations; like this;

But in these colours to match our wedding colour scheme...

Obviously the seaside shapes aren't suitable for all weddings but you can get all sorts of shapes and I personally prefer it to crystals or sequin type shapes ;-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics