Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lex
Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire

How much confetti do we need?

Lex, 24 of October of 2022 at 09:17 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 4
I’m really u sure about how much confetti to order! We have around 75 guests coming to the ceremony, but surely every single person doesn't need confetti to throw, or do they?!

4 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 26 of October of 2022 at 18:23
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm of the opinion the more confetti the better - makes for amazing photos! I'm planning on every guest (50 people at mine) having a confetti cone to throw Smiley smile

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Each person should have a handful, but it is up to you, and also check with your venue on any rules. Ours were very strict about type and colour as it was an 18th century castle so could stain. We decided not to have confetti toss in the end as the cost to provide the specific type was insane and we couldn't rely on our guests adhering to it. If there are no restrictions, I personally would let your guests know to bring it with them (advise if restrictions such as it needs to be degradable). I will be honest, I have only recent noticed this trend of the Bride and Groom providing it, for every wedding I have been to it was always something you took as a guest,

• Km86
    Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire
    Km86 ·
    • Hide content

What I've read is one cone/pouch per couple but I think I'm going to have nearly 1 for everyone, we have snowfetti!

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Charlotte has spotted the change, it was always the case that guests brought their own.

Then when you were able to get married in stately homes and such like, they got fed up with having to clean it up when it turns into a wet mush and so started insisting on petals and so the only way to ensure your guests throw petals is for the bride and groom to supply it themselves.

Somewhere in the intervening time it seems to of been forgotten that guests bring their own and it has become the norm that the couple provide it regardless of the venue insisting on it or not.

So then you get to the stage that a photo is needed because you spent so much money on it, or the confetti is provided solely for the purpose of having a confetti shot.

Anyway my answer to the question is down to practicality, if you had 100 guests then you cannot get 100 people around you to throw it as it only ends up on the two people in front of you and does not reach the couple so I would say no matter how many guests that you have I think provide enough for 50.

And from my experience a stationary couple works better than a tunnel to walk through. And the bigger petals look better than the small "bitty" stuff.

How much confetti do we need? 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics