Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2017

How much did your flowers cost?

LuxuriousRedConfetti412, 1 of November of 2015 at 09:34 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi Everyone

We had our first quote for flowers yesterday. The woman was lovely but we're going to have to look around a bit more. I just wanted to check first though whether our quote is high like I'm thinking or if it's actually the norm.

We have been quoted for:

-bride hand tied bouquet with short shower trails. Including Picasa calla, lilac or lavender roses, avalanche cream rose, white gyp, lavender freesia and veronica with few diamanté and small butterfly brooch. £95

-Two bridesmaids similar to brides but smaller £90

-1 junior bridesmaid same as bridesmaids but smaller £30

- 3 flower girl rose wands £75

-grooms buttonhole Picasa calla £9

- 4x rose button holes £32

-1x mum bag corse and brooch £45

-1× long and sleek top table arrangement, flowers to match the rest £75

-7× martini glass centre pieces (no charge for martini glass unless damaged) filled with material to match bridesmaid dresses and a posy of flowers to match the rest of the wedding £420

With delivery this gives us a grand total of £920 which is far more than I was thinking. I'm in the east Midlands if that helps.

Thanks lovely ladies

2 replies

Latest activity by kelly17687, 1 of November of 2015 at 11:17
  • E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

I think that sounds about right for what you're having. You might get the cost down a little by asking for seasonal flowers instead of any specific types. If you have an idea of what you want the bouquet to look like (which it sounds like you do), the florist can usually create "the look" with more seasonal flowers so the cost goes down but you don't sacrifice the style.

Have you thought about non-floral or DIY centrepieces? They'll cost a lot less and there are some great ideas on Pinterest. Also, do the wands need to be fresh flowers? You could get some great artificial ones for a fraction of the cost.

I hope that helps.

• kelly17687
    Beginner May 2016
    kelly17687 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, my florist is £60 for brides bouquet, £45 each bridesmaid, £6 groom buttonhole, £5 other buttonholes and £30 thank you bouquets. From the couple if quotes I got they were all around this price xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics