Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

laurafish
Beginner July 2016

How much did your honeymoon cost?

laurafish, 8 of October of 2015 at 13:47 Posted on Planning 0 38

Hey guys,

We have started looking at honeymoons and I guess I just hadn't thought about a budget for that side of things. If any of you don't mind sharing, could you let me know how much yours cost and what you're getting for that?

Thanks!

38 replies

Latest activity by bliss_balloons , 13 of October of 2015 at 10:12
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

For the time being Lapland will be the honeymoon. Price was about 2500 for both of us. 7 nights half board, flights, transfers and husky, reindeer and snowmobile activities. Also included one night in the glass igloos. We hope the northern lights come free as an added wedding present.

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

Ours, all in, was a whopping £7000.

That includes flights from IOM to Vancouver and back from LA (via Manchester and Heathrow each way), overnight stay at the Hilton at Manchester on the way out, transfers from Vancouver to Whistler and back, 11 nights on the Concierge Floor at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler, flights to LA, 3 nights in LA (staying at Hilton Universal and Sheraton Anaheim) and hiring an SUV in LA. It also includes all our activities in Whistler - 10 day lift passes and high performance ski rentals for both of us, 1 extreme snowmobiling trip (for him), a 1 day ski lesson (for me while he's snowmobiling) and a nighttime snowmobiling trip for us both.

BUT we waited a year longer to get married so we could have a blow-out amazeballs honeymoon, and I've got no regrets about that Smiley smile

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Ours is £1500 two weeks all inclusive in Turkey - we were debating staying in a nicer hotle and spending a little bit more but we thought we would rather use the money on day trips etc!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

We've not booked yet - we're going to book after Christmas - but have budgeted £1000.

I've had a gander and for us to have 7 nights bed & breakfast in Barcelona - in the centre - we're looking at about £900 including flights etc. We're then going to ask for money towards sight seeing etc if anyone wants to gift us some at the wedding.

We're very lucky in that my H2B's parents are giving us £1000, so we've decided to use that towards our honeymoon.

• Beckcible
    Beginner August 2016
    Beckcible ·
    • Hide content

We are off to Skiathos for 7 nights next August. We booked through Thompsons and it cost £1800 for both of us. So that's for bed and breakfast, hotel, flights, coaches there and back and 1 night at a hotel in Gatwick the night before we leave as our flight is at 6 am. I envisage we will probably take about £1000 spending money so I guess it will be around £3000 in total.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

We are going for 2 weeks in Orlando which is costing £1500 each for flight, hotel and 2 weeks worth of park tickets. So it would be £3000 but we are taking my son too who costs the same as an adult ?

• I
    Beginner June 2016
    inovermyhead ·
    • Hide content

We're up to £8k and still have stuff to book and pay for!!! For that we've got return premium economy flights from LHR to LA, 3 nights in LA, then Harley Motorcycle hire for a week with a guided tour ending in Las Vegas, then 7 days in Vegas.... before coming home.

Still have to pay for parking in the UK, and car hire in the states, plus money for food and drink, tips and tat...

The entire reason for having a two and a half year engagement was to save up so we had enough to have an awesome holimoon!!!

• B
    Beginner November 2015
    Bridally ·
    • Hide content

Ours is costing £3500 for the both of us – that includes 2 nights Dubai, 2 nights Bangkok and 10 nights Krabi. Upgraded rooms and on a B&B basis for all hotels. We’re flying with Emirates too and have lounge access… so it’s a pretty good deal. We’ll probably spend £1500 so you could say it’s 5K!

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsMtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

Ours has cost 9,999.00. We also waited longer to get married so we could have exactly what we wanted for our honeymoon.

This inludes all flights and transfers, half board at the Atlantis in Dubai for 5 nights, 5 nights at one resort in the maldives all inclusive in a beach bungalow and then 5 nights on a different island in the maldives in an over water bungalow.

I'm actually more excited for the honeymoon than the wedding. I can't wait to be married though Smiley smile

xx

• F
    Beginner October 2015
    firsttimebride83 ·
    • Hide content

Jealous at some of these honeymoons!

Our was £870 - a week self catering in Rhodes, in fact this time in two weeks we'll be on the plane :-) we're taking our 4 yr old too and about £700 spends x

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is £2300 for 10 nights in NYC.

Includes access to the airport lounges (posh bits I know nothing about!) and transfers to and from the hotel. The hotel is located in midtown, 5 mins from Central Park and 10 mins from Times Square.

We are in the process of saving up spending money for the trip and hope to receive some donations from family for the trip as gifts.

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Our is costing £3,373.60.

For that we are getting:

Direct BA flights from Manchester to New York, 2 nights stay in sa hotel in Manhattan

Direct flight from New York to Las Vegas, 5 nights stay in hotel

Direct flight from Las Vegas to Miami, 5 nights stay in a beachfront hotel.

BA Flight back to Manchester (via London).

We think it's a bargain, others might not.

What were you thinking Laura?

• Runnergirl
    Beginner November 2015
    Runnergirl ·
    • Hide content

Not exactly sure as OH booked it but think it's around 10k. Mainly because we are flying business class. St Lucia, sandals. Full board

• A
    Beginner October 2015
    AlmostMrsS ·
    • Hide content

WOW! Some of you ladies are very lucky with your honeymoons!

Unfortunately as we own our own business we cant afford to go away for too long so me and OH are going on a mini moon to Dublin - one night at a 5 Star hotel, flights and tickets to attractions around £200.00 total plus spending money

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Ours is £1400 for both of us, 11 nights all inclusive to Egypt

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is £3025 for 10 nights all inclusive in a 5* hotel in the Dominican Republic, flying premiere class with VIP airport lounge etc.

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is £4500, in total - premium economy flights with Singapore Airlines from Heathrow, 3 nights in a mid range hotel in Singapore then onto Bali for 9 nights in a luxury hotel, with upgraded ocean view suite! Bed and breakfast, and transfers included. Get a few honeymoon extras at the Bali hotel, dinner, cocktails, spa treatment and afternoon tea

We still have to pay for travel to Heathrow and overnight stay at airport - we budgeted 5k so hopefully come in just under!

i can't wait xx

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content

We're going to the Island of Aruba in the south Caribbean for 14 nights all inclusive. Hotel is on the beach and we get a couple of extra bits as we'll be newly weds (welcome gift, private meal on the beach, money off at the spa). We've booked with Thomson and paying Just under £3500 for the two of us including flights, transfers and 14 nights All Inclusive. Pretty sure OH is more excited for the honeymoon than the actual wedding haha

lexi Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    BrideMMD ·
    • Hide content

Ours is about 2800 altogether for 4 nights in Las Vegas and 8 nights in Mexico, both in absolutely amazing hotels that I'm stunned we've bagged!

We've gone through virgin but we got an amazing quote online from another company and then got virgin to price match it my tip would be to make an appointment at a virgin holiday shop, go off and do some research and go back to them. Hope you find something fab! Xx

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

Ours is £3000 all inclusive flight upgrades and room upgrades to Mexico.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Ours is going to double the cost of the wedding lol. Two weeks of sheer luxury in Vietnam, then two weeks on a slightly more modest budget in Japan.

• B
    Beginner October 2015
    BridgetJonesNoLonger ·
    • Hide content

7 nights in Sandals (all Iinclusive) in Barbados with seat upgrade on plane to premium economy (I thought about upgrading to business but that was a whooping £4000 on top of cost of existing plane ticket!) & spends £4700. We haven't asked for gifts but contributions to the honeymoon so that helps with costs.

Hope you manage to sort out a fab honeymoon

B x

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content

Ours was £3250 for both of us.

For that we got premium seats (got upgraded to business on the day!) with Virgin to New York where we stayed for 3 nights, room only, 2 minutes from Times Square. Then we flew to Antigua with American Airlines and stayed at the Sandals for 7 nights all inclusive. Then premium seats (no upgrade on the way home unfortunatly) home.

As much as I loved my wedding day, we REALLY loved our honeymoon!

• N
    Beginner
    Niffles ·
    • Hide content

Yours sounds like a bargain to me! Do you mind me asking who you booked through please?X

• N
    Beginner
    Niffles ·
    • Hide content

Haha sorry, that was meant to be in response to Jen-Lou's post!x

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was a company called holidays please (http://www.holidaysplease.co.uk/cf/170363)

They were brilliant, they set you up an interactive webpage with various options on so we didnt have to keep googling the hotel options. You can add notes, and discuss various points on there too. The lady I dealt with even called of an evening and weekend and was very helpful. I would recommend them. We were originally going to do our trip in a slightly different order (Vegas, Miami, NYC), but she looked into it, changed the order and it worked out cheaper, and a nicer order.

My sister who travels a lot even said it was a great deal. She even upgraded our hotel in New York to a 4* one at no extra cost.

• T
    Beginner September 2015
    TheNewHyacinth ·
    • Hide content

We spent a grand total of £1700 including spending money on ours!

I am such a cheap skate. We could of afforded a more expensive holiday but as my partner couldn't get much time off work we didn't see the point in flying anywhere long haul.

We Flew Manchester - Venice and spent 2 nights in a modest but lovely b&b there.

We then got the train from Venice to Florence and spent 2 nights in a gorgeous country house there.

Finally we got the train from Florence to Rome and spent 3 nights in a camping village just outside of Rome in a nice little chalet.

Flights, Insurance, Train tickets and all travel whilst there & Accommodation cost us approx £885 and then the other £825 was spending money for the week. Mainly food and drink, souvenirs, new make up (I can't resist buying it everywhere I go ha ha), and entrance to museums etc.

It was lovely. Because we booked everything ourselves independently we saved a small fortune. And it worked out really well because each city we got a difference vibe and experience. We had a mixture of City Centre, Countryside & Poolside Lounging type places which was awesome as we struck the perfect balance of relaxing, sightseeing and romantic stuff =D

• N
    Beginner
    Niffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Will definitely look into that! Smiley smile x

• H
    Hana87 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is £4500, in total - premium economy flights with Singapore Airlines from Heathrow, 3 nights in a mid range hotel in Singapore then onto Bali for 9 nights in a luxury hotel, with upgraded ocean view suite! Bed and breakfast, and transfers included. Get a few honeymoon extras at the Bali hotel, dinner, cocktails, spa treatment and afternoon tea

• H
    Hana87 ·
    • Hide content

Unfortunately as we own our own business we cant afford to go away for too long so me and OH are going on a mini moon to Dublin - one night at a 5 Star hotel, flights and tickets to attractions around £200.00 total plus spending money

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

We are staying in the venue the night of the wedding and the following night so we can have time to come down from it all and organise all the bits and pieces leftover.

We are then flying to Venice for 4 nights, I think it was £35 rtn for flights and around £300 for the hotel (staying in a suite with a hot tub for 2 of the nights). We get married in January and don't have much holiday left so we were limited, may go somewhere further away later in the year.

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    kay_ ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I've booked ours through Audley Travel, who have been superb. They're easy to deal with and you always speak to the same person so they know your holiday inside out. They include a free honeymoon gift service, which allows wedding guests to give money as a gift through your honeymoon website/on the phone etc. The honeymoon is costing us way more than we thought it would, we picked the US as a cheap destination but we're going for three weeks (in holiday season), flying to Hawaii, going to Disneyland & other excursions and hiring a Mustang so the price has shot up a bit. Think the total price is at about £9900. It includes all 4 flights, excursions, car hire, hotels & taxes etc (just excludes spending money!).

This is a quick summary of our itinerary:

Day 1: Fly from UK to San Francisco - arrive at 2pm

Day 2: 2 Day bus ticket to see the city + Alcatraz tour

Day 4: Drive to Yosemite National Park

Day 6: Drive to Monterey - Aquarium trip booked

Day 7: " " Pismo Beach

Day 8: " " Santa Barbara

Day 9: Drive to Anaheim, LA - 2 day park hopper for Disney

Day 12: Fly to Maui, Hawaii from LAX - staying in Lahaina for 3 nights - Sunset cruise booked.

Day 15: Drive the road to Hana

Day 17: Fly to Las Vegas from Hawaii - staying there for 4 nights

Day 21 & 22: Flying back to the UK

Hope this helps! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics