Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

muffins
Beginner August 2003

How much do caterers cost?

muffins, 14 January, 2009 at 20:26 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

(I know it depends on many factors but!)

I want to have a birthday party and have caterers, for approx 100 people. really thinking of sandwiches, cold buffet stuff and nothing too fancy as there is quite a cross section of people so trying to keep safe! This is for an evening do.

I am clueless and have tried looking on google but could not find approx prices, but only need a guide.

Thanks

x

8 replies

Latest activity by Sterling, 2 January, 2010 at 11:24
  • K
    Beginner September 2010
    kat100710 ·
    • Hide content

In the Newcastle area i would say anything from £6 to £15 per head, Best to ring around and get quotes.

Your venue may specify that you have to have their food x

• polly pocket
    Beginner November 2005
    polly pocket ·
    • Hide content

We had caterers for a christening and it cost £5.50 per person. It started from £4.50, but we added a couple of extra things on. There were sandwiches, quiche, pizza, sausage rolls, onion bajii's, samosa's, potato wedges, chicken goujons, mini cornish pasties, and a selection of cakes and cream.

HTH.

• lobster
    Beginner
    lobster ·
    • Hide content

Most buffets are on a per head basis and it depends on what you have. I'd say from about a fiver a head up to aout 20 quid a head depending on whether you have aythign fancy, a lot of choice and hot or served items.

Some charge extra for things like plates and cutlery.

Cater for about 80 % of your expected guest figure and you'll have enough but not loads left over.

• Lillythepink
    Beginner
    Lillythepink ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would agree with this about everything except bacon butties. I fucked up my evening do by undercatering in this regard, not realising that my fat b@stard BIL was capable of eating 3 bacon rolls only 2 hours after a 5 course meal. Lardy.

• chids
    Beginner
    chids ·
    • Hide content

I'm in Stoke on Trent and the caterer that did all the food for our wedding charged approx £3.50 a head for their cheapest cold buffet, and that was lovely. It had different sandwiches, pork pie, sausage with bacon wrapped around, cheese and pinapple, quiche on it.

• S
    StaceyBabii ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

If its only for 100 people you could do it yourself and have it done within an hour and half be alot cheaper lol..

When me and my mom worked at a pub/restaurant we had to do the catering for weddings and partys it took about hour and half for 100 people and the pub owners only ever charged between £150-£200 depending on the sort of food you want, It always turned out great at cheap costs Smiley smile which everyone loves. Smiley smile

xx

• J
    jennyruther ·
    • Hide content

Making for 100 members is not an easy thing. It requires lot of members involved in this project only. To me it is better to give to catering services. I think they can meet the expenditure involved in this.

Thanks.

• Bob - An Image For You
    Bob - An Image For You ·
    • Hide content

You can ask at the major supermarkets' delictessan sections. Most do catering package trays with various options. It may work out cheaper also and they may even hire/ loan cutlery and glasses. etc at lower cost or free with it.

• S
    Beginner April 2008
    Sterling ·
    • Hide content

You are exactly right my dear..!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics