Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2013

How much do I need??

LouLaBellexx, 24 May, 2013 at 15:52 Posted on Planning 0 3

Calling all mathematicians... or anyone who had filled jars for favours :-)

I will be having mini jars which are 110ml and looking at filling them with someting like mint imperials....

problem is i=I am completely stumped at many KGs of the stuff i need to order.

Does anyone know how many grams per the jars?

thanks!! x

3 replies

Latest activity by LouLaBellexx, 24 May, 2013 at 16:14
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

How big is a Mint Imperial? 1 ml = 1 cm x 1 cm x 1 cm. If Mint Imperials are approx. 2 cm wide, 2 cm deep and 1 cm high, that's a total volume of 4 ml (ignoring the fact that they are curved shapes for the minute).

So a 110 ml jar will fit at least 27 Mint Imperials in it (I say "at least" because that assumes they completely fill a 4 ml volume, which they don't, and also that they are 2 cm x 2 cm x 1 cm, which I think sounds on the big side for a Mint Imperial).

How much does a Mint Imperial weigh? 1 ml of water weighs 1 g. Mint Imperials are less dense than water, so let's say 0.5 g. Multiply the number of jars by 27 to get the total number of Mint Imperials required. Then multiply that total number by 0.5 g to get the number of grams required. 1 kg = 1000g.

Any help? If that method works, I'll eat my hat. Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner July 2013
    SpottieDottie ·
    • Hide content

Can't you just fill one jar, empty the contents into some scales then multiply by the number of jars you need? Obviously if the contents of one jar is in grams, you'll then need to divide by the total number of grams by 1000 to get the number of kgs required. Simples :-)

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Or do this.

• L
    Beginner July 2013
    LouLaBellexx ·
    • Hide content

Thank you both!!

Im looking at buying in bulk so will get a smaller bag first to see what I need (lol why didnt I just think of this!!) I will blame being full of the sniffles and dosed up on cold and flu tablets!

Have a great weekend xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics