Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner November 2007

How much does a swing solo singer cost?

Amyloubell, 5 of May of 2009 at 13:55 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi!

My brother is looking for a singer for the reception for his wedding, and wondering what he should expect to pay. He is looking for someone to do some swing/ratpack tunes.

Thanks!

2 replies

Latest activity by Peter Savizon - The Jazz Wedding Singer, 14 of August of 2010 at 12:54
  • claires
    Beginner July 2008
    claires ·
    • Hide content

Where in the country are you? i can highly recommend the guy who sang at our wedding if you are in the Yorkshire area. We paid £500 i think, and he sang from about 7pm till 11pm, ( 3 half hour slots) he also sang our first dance

• VocalShow
    VocalShow ·
    • Hide content

Hi There,

Prices can range from £300 - £1000. There is no set cost with Wedding Singers because talent varies so greatly. I think that it's correct to say that 'perceived value' plays a strong role here.

What your best doing is listening to and watching a few Singers, getting a few quotes (Plus an outline of what they will provide for the cost) then decide who is worth their fees and who is the right person for the job. Also make sure that they are very upfront about their fees, they should be consistant with what they would charge for say a party or corporate event.

Many many Wedding Singers will do a Rat Pack Show now, it's very common. Here is also an article that may help: How to hire a Wedding Singer.

• P
    Peter Savizon - The Jazz Wedding Singer ·
    • Hide content

Luca is right, you would be shocked at the amount of people that call themselves Wedding Singers only to ruin peoples events through simply not being able to hold a note / being tone deaf..

The only thing I would add to the list, is dont be afraid to ask your Wedding Singer to prove themselves capable.

The reason I say this is I have just received a booking for Wedding Entertainment from an individual in Surrey, who said they had heard me sing / heard my voice on my website and wanted me to sing down the phone to them to prove it was me actually singing.

Slightly threw me, but ever the professional I obliged and secured the booking, so putting my Wedding Singer searcher hat on, I guess it does pay to be very inquisitive about what your really getting for your hard earned money as wedding entertainment is such an important aspect of such an important day !!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics