Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2013

How much for a maggie Sottero wedding dress?

conwc002, 1 September, 2012 at 19:46 Posted on Planning 0 20

Just want to know if it's completely out of my budget!

20 replies

Latest activity by FutureMrsWilliams, 3 September, 2012 at 12:08
  • ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

I tried a few on all around £800-£900 the one that I liked which I remember was Zabrina which was £885.

• ~Lee~
    Beginner October 2012
    ~Lee~ ·
    • Hide content

Mine is a maggie! It's Maude and was £980. Compared to some of the £2000+ dresses I tried on it seemed like it was much more detailed and expensive looking. My friend tries to guess the price before I to,d her and thought £2500+ based on the others I had tried!

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    conwc002 ·
    • Hide content

I love Maude! But think it might be out of my budget! Might have to full in love with another dress! Luckily I haven't tried it on yet! X

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

Mine was £1200

• MrsRtoH
    Savvy October 2022 Merseyside
    MrsRtoH ·
    • Hide content

Mines a maggie even though I haven't bought it yet... It's 800 x

• J
    Beginner August 2015
    Jelly_Tots ·
    • Hide content

Mine is £995 but found it on PreLoved for £200! If you dont mind wearing a second hand dress try pre loved or ebay x

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Mine was £1300, but it had a lot of lacework in it (Natalie).

• Rusty the Clown
    Rusty the Clown ·
    • Hide content

Mine was £710, but 6 years ago.

• F
    Beginner September 2013
    FutureClayton ·
    • Hide content

The maggie that I want is called mirabella and is 1250! But I have found it on a second hand site for £500 x

Which dress is it that you like?

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    conwc002 ·
    • Hide content

I love Maude!!!! But that's just from looking at it I haven't yet tried it on so it might be completely different on! X

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

The ones i have tried have all been £1000-£1300

although im into the lace so that could be why!! try different stockists as well, i have found they slightly differ in price! x

• N
    Beginner February 2013
    NatA2013 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is Ambrosia, i think it is discontinued now, i got the shop sample which was originally £1295 down to ...........................£599 :-)

• F
    Beginner April 2013
    FutureMrsWilliams ·
    • Hide content

I have just bought a Sottero and Midgley dress. On the tag it said £1700 but I bought the sample for £500. It is a this season dress called Edwina and the sample was in fab condition. I never could have afforded it if not a sample. I will attempt my first ever flash!

Ignore the yellow blob which is my face lol. Hope this works and is not too huge!!

[removed pic to make sure no one I know finds it!]

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

I wore a Maggie (Shannon, it's discontinued now) and it was £600 for the sample which I bought - should've been £1200 ish new.

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE Maggies! And Maude was my "The one", I fell in love when I tried it on and couldn't stop thinking about it but it was way over my budget and I just couldn't do it. Even when the store offered me the sample dress for £750. Still, I kept looking and found another dress that I absolutely love and is way more affordable (it's Alfred Angelo) and I feel so happy that I didn't spend such a huge amount on it. We're on a very small budget and it would have eaten away at me that I'd blown so much on it.

But if you can afford it, Maggies are SO worth it, they're so well made and feel gorgeous on! The attention to detail is excellent.

Lee have you got a pic of you in the Maude??

• missmandymoo
    Dedicated August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow that's one hell of a bargain for such a stunning dress!! And it looks gorgeous on you!

Do you mind me asking whether the sample was already 'for sale' or did you ask the bridal shop to sell it to you? Just wondering how easy it is to get my hands on a sample and whether shops are generally happy to sell the samples while they are still in season.

• N
    Beginner April 2013
    Ness999 ·
    • Hide content

Mine was £880 but they discounted it to £800 because I bought it on my first visit. The fabric was so luxurious though I expected it to be £1200. Im so glad it wasnt!

• ~Lee~
    Beginner October 2012
    ~Lee~ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do but it's not the best pic. Was the sample so too big and am having a different veil

• F
    Beginner April 2013
    FutureMrsWilliams ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi,

I got mine at a specific sample sale. They had too much stock this year so did a one time weekend offer. I have been into other shops who I think would sell you the sample if you asked but perhaps not this seasons. The shop said their manager went a bit crazy ordering stock this season!

I heard about it through a friend who had just bought her full price Maggie dress there. Perhaps give your local shops a call and ask them if they are selling any samples. If you ask the worst that can happen is they say no, the best is you get a bargain!

PS. I am the same person, just changed my username!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics