Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L

How much has your florist quoted?

LuxuriousPinkCakes345, 16 of December of 2015 at 09:19 Posted on Planning 0 18

I hope you don't mind me asking but how much are your flowers going to cost? Obviously it will depend on how many flowers you are having but just trying to work out if I'm being ripped off! I met with 2 florists, one hasn't got back to me 3 weeks later so they are out of the running, the other one has quoted £1500. Which I was a bit shocked at but not sure if I was just being unrealistic with my expectations! Was hoping for more like £800-£1000 max. When I told the florist this she said that the going rate for wedding flowers is usually about £1500.

This is for:

1 bridal bouquet, 4 bridemaids bouquets, 8 buttonholes, 7 table centrepieces, 2 plinths in the ceremony room, 12 little posies on the aisle chairs, and 8 large lanterns with candles in and rose petals around the base on the aisle, and a small decoration on the welcome table. She said she can trim some of these down to bring it to £1200. Do you think is reasonable?

i have contacted a few more florists but obviously none are available to meet until January now. Maybe in just being impatient but I just want to get it sorted because our wedding is in July and time is running out!

Many thanks for your advice.

18 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 18 of December of 2015 at 10:53
  • H
    Beginner December 2015
    HappyGoldDiamonds245 ·
    • Hide content

You are having ALOT!

I'm having 1 bridal, 2 bridesmaids, 6 buttonholes, 4 small vases and 3 thank you bouquets and it's cost £400

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I only needed a bouquet and a buttonhole however you are having a lot of flowers. If you can utilise some to double up dual purpose at the church and again at the reception it would cut your costs down.

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

As they others say you are having a lot. For my Bouquet and 4 bridesmaids it was £360 and if I wanted to hire center pieces that were candles so not work to go into the they were 30 each so around 200 if I had 7 so I would say 1500 is pretty fair as mine are silk and the centerpieces wouldn't need any work that I was quoted for. The bigger pieces will cost a lot on their own I imagine

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Another note on the costs is that quite often when I am photographing a wedding and its an all in one ceremony / reception venue and the bride is also getting ready there, I can arrive there quite early and so do get to see the flowers being set up and for large amounts I have seen 2 or 3 people setting them all up and so their costs will have to be taken into consideration by the florist also.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

Where are you getting married? Which area? People on here may be able to recommend people to you. My florist was fab!

We get our table centerpieces and the registry table/top table arrangement included in our package with our venue (which they outsource to the local florist)

I've met the florist and picked out what I'd like and in addition to whats included ive also needed to get a quote for my bouquet, 2 bridesmaids, grooms button hole, 7 standard button holes, 4 corsages, 3 thank you bouquets, a tiny button hole for a page boy and I've needed to increase the size of the registry table/top table arrangement as our top table is a long table seating 10 so the standard one included would have looked too small.

all the above is £550

The centerpiece allowance is £25 and top table is £50 so that's nearly £1000 all in.

• D
    Beginner February 2016
    Dolce Gusto ·
    • Hide content

Have you got a price breakdown for each item? Would be easier to compare costs with other people that way.

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsMtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

My price quote is £327. This is for 1 bride bouquet, 3 bridesmaids bouquets, 7 buttonholes, 2 corsages and 1x table thing for the top table and the table where we sign the register. It'll be moved to the top table after we're married. I've also got 2x 'Thank you' bouquets for the mums.

It's really hard to compare flower quotes as everyone is so unique. I think mine is quite cheap but that's because I've gone to a local florist, I'm not having flowers, I've asked for flowers which are in season and I've been fairly easy with what the florist does. Obviously I showed a few pics of what I liked but I've not gone into massive detail about how I expect it to look.

x

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

It depends on your flowers, I have roses and gerberas and thistles... lilies would cost a lot more. but we are well under £500 for:

1 bride bouquet

4 bridesmaid bouquets

2 wrist corsages

10 buttonholes

arrangement to go on flower

ivy wound round 10 candelabras on the tables

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

Having read your list of requirements, I would say that is about right. Table centrepieces and the plinths will bump the price up!

• Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

It does seem a lot, but depends on what flowers you are having I guess. I will add you our invoice below to compare:

I think we got a steal tbh, I will add a pic of what we are planning on having:

• H
    Beginner April 2016
    HM2016 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is coming our at just over £1500 and we are getting hydrangeas, various types of roses, and gyp.

We have ordered:

1 x Bridal Bouquet

7 x Bridesmaid Bouquets

2 x flower girl headpiece and wand

13 x men buttonholes

6 x women buttonholes

12 x aisle arrangements

2 x plinths with candles and roses/rose petals scatered

10 x large centerpieces with smaller voltives surrounding containing more flowers and candles

1 x top table with 8 different arrangements spread across

Can i ask where abouts you are based?

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

If you're concerned about the price, is it possible for you to use the same arrangements for centrepieces and to line the aisles? It's pretty common to just move the arrangements from one location to the next to save money. It also really depends on the type of flowers you are using and whether or not they are in season at the time of your wedding. If they're not your florist will have to pay more to get them, thus driving up the cost. My florist gave me a calendar with a list of when each flower was in season. See if you can find a flower that gives a similar look but is more cost effective. For example mixing in some carnations will give the same fluffy look as peonies for a much lower cost. And greenery is very trendy at the moment, so depending on what look you're going for you you could bulk up the bouquet by mixing in something like that.

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

It will all depend on the flowers you are having. I have worked closely with my florist to try to stick to my budget of £500. We've gone up to about £800 and struggling to work out a way to get it back down - thinking I might be pushing my luck a little bit now!

We have 1 bridal bouquet, 2 BM bouquet, 4 corsages, 1 groom button hole, 7 other buttons holes, 2 pedestals, 8 pewends, top table and 9 table centres to be placed in birdcage tealight holders.

• R
    Dedicated July 2017
    RomanticBrownFlowers354 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow charlibob it is really interesting seeing that breakdown, I got my first quote through the other day and she is charging significantly more and I have chosen very similar styles to you. For example my gyp bridesmaids bouquets she is say £55, my bouquet £165, each buttonhole £10. I can see your in West Sussex, I am in Hampshire. Would you be able to tell me who your florist is please?

• Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

Hey there, of course its: http://www.oops-a-daisy-florist.co.uk/

She is based in Bognor Regis. After frantically looking for a florist that didn't charge the face of the earth I was recommended Gemma from a friend. I 've seen her work at some of my friends weddings recently and was thrilled at the outcome. Gemma is very sweet and friendly and I just called her up and had a meeting with her the very next day.

Best of luck. Where abouts in Hampshire are you getting married?

• L
    LuxuriousPinkCakes345 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks that's really helpful! Romanticbrownflowers, I am in Hampshire too! Where are you getting married and who is your florist? Thank you so much for the info everyone that is really helpful. Thanks for putting that breakdown pic in there too that's really useful. I think you are all right when you say it's because I want a lot of flowers! Also I guess the kinds of flowers I want are on the expensive end- peonies, roses etc!

This is the breakdown she gave me:

bridal bouquet £85

bridesmaid bouquets £45 each (x4)

buttonholes £5.25 each (x9)

plinths £95 each (x2)

Aisle lanterns with petals around £15.50 each (x6/8)

Aisle chair end decorations £12 (X12)

Guest tables £55 each, top table £85

ok that is rather alot lol! Our venue is all in one so we will move the plinths from the ceremony room to the wedding breakfast room afterwards. I guess I do want rather a lot but I love the romantic look of flowers. I guess I just need to work out if I can afford it/want it that much!

• L
    LuxuriousPinkCakes345 ·
    • Hide content

This is the sort of thing I want, sorry if the pics are huge, doing it on my phone!

• R
    Dedicated July 2017
    RomanticBrownFlowers354 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Charlibob, I shall definately contact her today - I'll give her your wedding date and tell her you recommended her!

LuxuriousPinkCakes those flower pics are lovely, the bridal bouquet is similar to what I like but I am having plain Ivory. I don't have my florist yet I am in the process of getting quotes. I also love flowers and want them everywhere, but can totally not justify spending the £1100 quoted on one day! I am planning on just buying stems and doing the table decorations myself with my mum and sister the day before the wedding as I thought this would be fun, save money and it suits the DIY look I am going for anyway. But for just the 160 stems she has said £550!! What the hell lol. I bet if I just went in the shop the day before and bought 160 stems it wound't be even half that much surely? Only because it is a wedding.

I am getting married at the Burley Manor Hotel, they are currently undergoing a £1.8m refurb including their currently dark and dingy barn out the back which is where my day will be. I love the designers drawings and inspiration pictures but haven't seen it in real life and don't have any pics to show people which makes me sad lol! It is ready in march though so I'll be flashing my venue pics everywhere then!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

When there is a separate ceremony room quite often there would be a fire place with a big mantle where the bride and groom have a flower display this then gets moved to be the flower piece on the top table.

A little note on doing the same thing for flowers on the "signing table" in the civil ceremony is that sometimes they end up being so big that the bride disappears up to her elbows behind them.

Another heads up for those having a Church wedding and expecting to move flowers to the reception is that sometimes it is expected that the flowers are left for the church, if this is not the case then its a good job to give to the ushers to move the pedestals afterwards.

I have photographed weddings during lent and the bride and groom HAD to remove ALL the flowers afterwards as no flowers were allowed during lent.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics