Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charliebob
Beginner May 2016

How much have you or would you spend on a veil?

Charliebob, 24 of January of 2015 at 16:02 Posted on Planning 0 23

Looking at an Italian Tulle one cathedral length, how much is too much?

23 replies

Latest activity by N is getting married, 26 of January of 2015 at 17:32
  • bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Ive been looking at the veil shop

http://theweddingveilshop.co.uk/

they seem good and cheaper than some other places.

you can even design your own. Smiley smile

im prob looking around £50 mark but thats my max

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Mine was £65 from davids bridal. I got swept up in the excitement and bought it when I got my dress. If I could rewind I would buy it from the online wedding veil shop x

• G
    Beginner June 2015
    GCL2015 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is cathedral length and cost £130. Ordered from my bridal shop.

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

To me over £100 seems excessive for something that looks like a glorified net curtain. I am having a chapel length net curtain so I don't mean to offend! I think I can get something online for about £60 and that seems fine. If you can justify spending more then go for it, it's just not one of my priorities.

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

I spent £7 on eBay...

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Ohh i never thought to look on ebay. what was the quality like?

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine for around £12 from Etsy and it's gorgeous!!!! It's tulle and cathedral length.

• A
    Beginner October 2015
    AlmostMrsS ·
    • Hide content

Mine cost £90 however mine is handmade and custom to order.

I personally think it doesn't matter if you spend £2.00 or £200 as long as you love it who cares how much it cost

• Cupcake26
    Beginner August 2015
    Cupcake26 ·
    • Hide content

Hi mine was £80 but got it free with my dress as I ordered it there and then Smiley smile

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Mine was about £35 inc postage from pink Margaret, for a plain chapel length. They were about £120-150 in the bridal shop and I wanted one bargain! And it's beautiful!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This. It's what applies to everything not just in weddings but in life. If it's what you want, if you can afford it and you're not going to regret paying that amount or feel guilty then get whatever you want. It really doesn't matter what anyone else pays be that more or less than you.

It's good to ask for an idea of costs though and where you might be able to make savings especially if you have found something you love and you either can't afford it at the price you've seen or are just being sensibly frugal. It makes sense to try and get it cheaper, but if you can't then you either have to compromise or accept it costs what it costs. Supply and demand etc.

• S
    Siab1982 ·
    • Hide content

TreacleTart, any chance of a flash of your veil? I've just placed my order with pink Margaret and I'm so excited to see the end product as I've heard such good reviews of her work!

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Siab1982- I only have one incredibly dark blurry photo of me in it so sorry no I don't really have a good picture! It's now at my moms too so can't take one either. It was lovely tho, really we'll made, couldn't have asked for better. Mine was just completely plain cut edge so not much to show you on a photo anyway. Hope you like yours!!

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    ExpensivePurpleDiamonds85 ·
    • Hide content

I go back to the shop next week and am dreading the price of the beautiful one length cathedral veil with lace trim..... but i worry one online won't match up!!

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    ExpensivePurpleDiamonds85 ·
    • Hide content

I go back to the shop next week and am dreading the price of the beautiful one length cathedral veil with lace trim..... but i worry one online won't match up!!

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally agree with this. It's all relative to your budget and what you want. I have a big dress and didn't want a very fancy veil too so i have a long plain single tier one. It's nice and matches my dress well. All depends what you want really!

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    mrsgzd ·
    • Hide content

Wow the veil they put on me in my shop was £300.way too much money. Will definitely look at these sorts of places

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

Cathedral length for £70 but if i'm honest i got caught up in the excitement.

Probably would have liked to have paid less.

• RusticBride15
    Beginner June 2015
    RusticBride15 ·
    • Hide content

Mine was £100 for a second hand Pronovias cathedral length, there £300/£400 new.. Not the greatest pictures, I could resist taking a cheeky snap when it arrived at work Smiley smile

❤️

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

I've paid £70 for mine from The Wedding Veil Shop, its hip length with a rhinestone edge and has scattered diamantés & crystals over it
    I'll flash a pic when I can Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

Mine was £75 from a lady who made it to my requirements. I was so impressed with her customer service, the help and advice she gave me, as well as the outstanding quality of the veil that I posted a thread recommending her to everyone on here! I had some idea of what I wanted when I contacted her, but she was very helpful, patient, and always replied to my emails within a few hours or the next day. I got a plain ivory cathedral length veil, traditional tulle, 114 inches, with a delicate satin edging. It was delivered by courier in a very carefully wrapped box Smiley smile

Here is her website, however I found the list of options a bit overwhelming and so I would recommend contacting her if you are interested, she is very helpful.

http://www.lindasveils.com/

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

Looking at some of these prices I'm thanking my lucky stars my veil was thrown in for free.

• N
    Beginner June 2015
    nammy502 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is longer than cathedral length, plain with a few crystals on the edge for the bargain price of £10 from ebay

Im still not sure if im going to wear it but for £10 it doesnt really matter.

• N
    Beginner September 2015
    N is getting married ·
    • Hide content

I got very over excited whilst trying on dresses and tried on a beautiful veil and decided I wanted it there and then before asking the price and nearly had a heart attack when she said it was £179 . Had to get it as had fallen in love with it ! Might have forgotten to mention the price to OH not sure he would be overjoyed with paying that much for a bit of net curtain !!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics