Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

how much input did you have in your hendo/

11 August, 2012 at 00:04 Posted on Planning 0 22

Hi ladies when it came to your hen do did you let your bridesmaids do all the work so it was a complete surprise or did you offer some suggestions or guidelines/ Did anyone take complete control/ I'm wondering as i have a few different ideas of what iimight want but not sure whether my girlsd will come up with. my bridesmaids will be organisisng it but since they live in Scotland and Manchester they don't reallyknow my friends who live in London. i did ask a london friend to help but not so sure now as she said something like 2I can tell you its not going to be an indie club" even though its my favourite. I just felt that comment was a wee bit selfish as its supposed to be about me. sorry i'm having a wee bit of arant. i'm hoping my actual bridesmaids know me well enough to plan something i'd really love

22 replies

Latest activity by jess_brodey, 18 August, 2012 at 21:42
  • hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

My sister (CB) is organising mine, but I'm telling her what to organise and when because I'm a control freak who doesn't like surprises, lol

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

My matron of honour organised my hens in Sydney, while I live in London- so anything is possible! She sent me a list of suggestions of things I might want to do, & I emailed back with the def 'no's. I had a fair idea of what she had planned, but the actual games we played & bar we went to was a mystery.

Try not to worry, I'm sure it will be fine. You could always send your bridesmaid a list of thigns you 'def' dont want to do.

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

I booked mine myself

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

I sat down and gave my MOH a outline of what I wanted to do then have left the rest up to her, she has thrown in a few surprises which im really looking forward to.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Mine was a secret! I was allowed a list of things i definitely did not want, like a stripper. Apart from that I had no clue!

• samwiches
    Beginner August 2013
    samwiches ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty much in charge of mine. I like to know what's going on, and as my MOH is my 18 year old cousin who can drink better than most of the men I know, I think I'd end up sat in a club, feeling old and miserable sipping an alcoholic drink I didn't really want through a penis straw.

So instead, I'm saying where we're going (spa weekend at Centreparcs) and we'll all decide the spa things we do there, and then anything else they want to organise amongst themselves (my MOH said something about decorations, but as we'd all drive up together I dunno how she's going to figure that one out) that's fine.

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

My BM and I planned mine together. I booked the hotel, she booked the show tickets and train tickets. I found the restaurant, she booked it. It was very much a joint effort and we enjoyed planning it together. She did give me a couple of surprises when we arrived though which was lovely.

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

I hate big surprises, they just make me feel sick, so I've given my sister (MOH) my ideas of what I'd like to do & roughly how much i want it to cost (some of my friends tend to back out of things & blame money) and shes researching things. She told me the other day that she has put together a presentation for me, there are five different choices & I get to choose from them!!!!! MUCH better than a surprise!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Other than giving a date and a list of people, I will know nada. I have requested no strippers though!

• SuperDuff
    Beginner November 2013
    SuperDuff ·
    • Hide content

My sister is arranging mine. She asked me who I'd like there, and I said my FB friend list is a good place to start, though will give her more info nearer the time. I had also told her that I don't mind what it is so long as it isn't abroad (I know that I won't be able to afford it, and neither will many friends), and if it is activity based, it needs to be in enough time for any bruises to have healed in time!

Other than that, it's a complete surprise!

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

Although I said I would help organise my bridemaids said I wasn't allowed to know a thing!! There are 4 of them all pretty different so I think it will end up fab.

I was worried about the type of club, I also like a good indie club - but remember as there is a mix of your friends you do need to make sure it caters for others to. I would trust them, I am sure they will do a good job Smiley smile

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I had two.

One - a weekend away with 20 close friends and female family members with pool and hot tub. I organised this but my lovely BMs had prepared a fab evening of entertainment for the Saturday night.

Two - a night out in Newcastle with about 20 mates. BMs had complete control - all I knew was the city. They even bought my outfit (Marilyn Monroe) and everyone was in 50s gear. Was fantastic - brilliant meal with a Mr&Mrs quiz that everyone took part in (was mortifying) then karaoke and general messiness.

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

I think your friend was really rude to say that. Your hen do is about you not her, so she should fit in with you. If I were you I would just ask one of your BM's / other friends who likes Indie clubs to organise it rather than her just to be on the safe side. I've told my CB exactly what I want to do for my hen do and she is now in charge of organising it.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

But if indie clubs is what you always do, maybe they wanted something a bit more unique for you?

I would just trust them - they're your friends and they'll have your best interests at heart. Even if it's not something you'd normally do, just relax and enjoy it.

• O
    Beginner September 2012
    OrdinaryGirl ·
    • Hide content

My MoH organised mine, although I did tell her I wanted to go to Reflex! I think she would have planned for that anyway as we both love a bit of 80s cheese. If there's something you really want or don't want to do I'd let your bridesmaids know, but otherwise enjoy the surprise!

• Feather
    Beginner December 2012
    Feather ·
    • Hide content

Mine was last week - organised by my cheif bridesmaid and I knew nothing about it. I ahd the best time.

Nearer the wedding, we are arranging another night out with a meal and cocktails for anyone who couldnt make it or just fancies another night out ?

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

I gave a date and a list of people...even that was too much involvement. I am sick or organising stuff at this point! I know it will be brilliant because all my friends and family will be there, but I just don't want the hassle of co-ordinating it! I feel a bit selfish actually as I imagine it's not much fun for the BMs to have to do it on their own, but I just said "Girls, I will enjoy ANYTHING you decide to make me do more than planning it myself, please, just do it!"

• mandij87
    Beginner August 2012
    mandij87 ·
    • Hide content

My moh arranged all mine, although I did know about it because mil to be and sil to be decided to tell me so they could *** about it. Moh had told everyone it was to be kept secret, and they totally ignored her because they didn't want to do what she had arranged! Mine was last weekend and was amazing.

• W
    Beginner December 2012
    Who-me? ·
    • Hide content

I decided date, guest list, location & general idea for the day. If my BM arranges anything else it will be a surprise but I'm happy with my plans.

I have made it clear I don't want strippers, tour type t shirts, tack in general & if any one brings anything willy shape it will be inserted into them! I will wear a veil & sash if need be

Im going for a relaxed day, pub crawl round my favourite bars in London & I have invited some boys too.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I organised my own in the end. My MOH turned out to be a total b*tch who was supposed to be organising something but we fell out and I havent spoken to her since!Oh and she was not my MOH in the end I sacked her and cut all contact 2 months before the wedding.

• J
    Beginner October 2012
    jess_brodey ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids have organised mine and all I know is the guest list and date. It's really nice to see how into it they are, totally wasn't expecting them to!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics