Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner June 2015

how much is a videographer?

Princess Bride 2013, 12 of May of 2015 at 08:32 Posted on Planning 0 9

I know that all are not the same price, I was hoping for an average. I get married in under 4 weeks and I just realised I feel I will really regret it if we don't have it filmed.

Have also thought of giving a family member the camcorder then editing it ourselves but not sure how that would work.

9 replies

Latest activity by Princess Bride 2013, 18 of May of 2015 at 18:04
  • Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

I had that thought too - maybe we should have it filmed, so I enquired with a company that is new to wedding videography (but not to filmmaking) and was having a portfolio-building offer. They quoted me £950 (normally £1650).

Considering that I really mainly just care about the wedding ceremony itself and maybe 15 mins before and 30 mins after, I can't even justify spending £950. They would basically cover the whole day though so if that is what you want, it's probably not a bad offer. I might ask if anyone could just put a camera on a tripod or something to film it.

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

I think I looked at the same company as you Daisy Bell! We found someone that did what we wanted and had good references and portfolio for £850 so we went for it.

We didn't want to regret not having it.

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

We're paying £1199 for ours for all day coverage, from bridal prep to first dance. You can pay as little or as much as you want to pay, but do your research to find one that does the types of film that you like. When we were looking there are so many vogs who edit their highlights films in so many different ways, and a lot that didn't impress us much at all.

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    elemden ·
    • Hide content

We paid £650 for full day from prep to dancing. He is just starting out so its a special offer.

He is great though. Check out his website:

http://films42.co.uk

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Could you tell me the name of who you ended up booking please?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Prices tend to be similar to photographers. Good ones are generally around the £1k+ mark but again as with photography it's all relative according to style and personal preference.

Our VOGs charge £1595 but are one of the best in the area.

With it being only 4 weeks before the date you may find that anyone who is available could possibly be a tad more accommodating price wise, so if you are on a fixed budget it's worth getting in touch regardless.

Best of luck finding someone Smiley smile

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This ^^^^ Do your research and see lots of examples and not the best short clips, like photography, a lot of photographers just put their best 20 or so images up, you really have to see lots from the same wedding, not only photos but video footage as well.

• missmoore
    Beginner January 2012
    missmoore ·
    • Hide content

We're paying £750 for all day coverage with a 15 minute cinematic film. Don't just think you're getting a good deal because they're there all day, we could've paid £650 for all day coverage but only a 5 minute film, all day coverage doesn't really mean that much as most won't give you all the footage!

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

We got ours last minute, £750, well worth it

• P
    Beginner June 2015
    Princess Bride 2013 ·
    • Hide content

We have booked one! Got a good discount too with it being last minute Smiley smile very happy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics