Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummymrs2b
Beginner April 2013

How much is it for a registrar?

mummymrs2b, 25 November, 2011 at 13:22 Posted on Planning 0 28

As title says, was just wondering is it the same price anywhere? How much are we looking at? Looking at booking this weekend but they said we talk to the registrar ourself so wondering how much that will cost on top? x

28 replies

Latest activity by Civil Ceremonies, 26 November, 2011 at 17:40
  • ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

As far as I know it's somewhere in the region of £300, not sure if that differs in different areas though.

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    ClareST ·
    • Hide content

Ooo.. this would be very handy to know.

Our venue is booked, and I've literally booked the registrar this lunchtime, but money was not mentioned. I presume this gets discussed when we have to give notice next year?

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

It varies between councils. We paid just over £400 for the registrar to come to our venue, but for a ceremony at the registry office, it was only ~£130. Midweek was cheaper but still a significant amount more for them to come to the venue.

Giving notice costs about £35 each on top of that.

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

Ooh! its quite dear then. Dont really know what i was expecting. May just look into church wedding to see if its a lot cheaper or about the same, then we can go to venue after x

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

It differs greatly from region to region. Our registrar fees, including notice fees etc are nearly £700

• E
    Beginner March 2012
    Emsypooh ·
    • Hide content

We are in Hampshire and it's around £500

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bia57 ·
    • Hide content

We're Berkshire and it's also about £500

• M
    Beginner August 2012
    Mets ·
    • Hide content

Hi there!

We have to pay £373.50 for the registrar to come out to our wedding location. It does vary from borough to borough as I found when we did our initial investigation and for some it is cheaper weekday/Sundays etc.

The prices are usually found on the local council websites so if you Google "Civil Ceremony in X" you are more than likely to find the relevant local council site & list of prices, otherwise give them a call.

x

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Im in Bath and reg office inc notice was £345, for reg to come to us would have been £420 plus notice, church would have been £690

• Doris 5/10
    Beginner May 2013
    Doris 5/10 ·
    • Hide content

Also with a church you have to think about transport etc so could end up costing more than the reg to go to your venue.

We had to pay a deposit of £100. They couldn't tell us the full price because the wedding is in 2013 but approx £400 for a sunday wedding.

• M
    Beginner October 2012
    Meggiemoo1981 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is 265 for the registrar to come to our venue, and 67 pounds for giving notice.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

East Sussex, £410 to come to our venue

£33.50 each to give notice Berkshire

£3.50 per wedding certificate

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

I can't believe how much it costs for a registrar! I had no idea it was hundreds of pounds ?

• PurpleStar
    Rockstar May 2022
    PurpleStar ·
    • Hide content

West Sussex here... it's costing us £423.50 for a friday x

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

We are in Leeds, West Yorkshire and paid £330 for a Friday wedding at a stately home, plus £33.50 each for giving notice.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Yep, that's Kent for you!

• PurpleStar
    Rockstar May 2022
    PurpleStar ·
    • Hide content

My BM is getting married in a church and it appears to be a flat rate fee of £150 as every one we visited was the same price - don't know if thats only applicable in churches in West Sussex though x

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

In Glasgow total fees are £350, which includes the registrar coming to our venue on a Saturday.

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

i couldn't remember wether we paid £20 or £25 booking fee, felt like yonks ago so went with the lower, such a lot of money, think i'm in the wrong job lol

• N
    Beginner June 2013
    natsastar ·
    • Hide content

We looked at getting married in a church or getting married somewhere and having a registrar come to us. To get a registrar to come to us it would have cost in total for everything but no certificates (I can't remember how much they said these were) it was going to cost £600. By the time we added to price the venue wanted us to pay we were looking at £1,200! We looked at a church wedding and were told it would cost no more than £500. We are getting married in 2013 so thought that was good that the vicar told us it would roughly be this amount Smiley smile The £500 includes an organ player for us too so we are happy Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

I'm in Kent but luckly we fall under Medway council so it was £470 for the reg to come to our venue (inc. giving notice and 2 certs)

• C
    Civil Ceremonies ·
    • Hide content

The registrars don't get paid that! The money goes to the local authority.

• You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics