Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen31601
Beginner March 2013

How much notice should I give friends of my hen do?

Jen31601, 27 February, 2012 at 13:18 Posted on Planning 0 7

I'm getting married on 2nd March 2013 and want to hold my hen on the weekend of 18th January. How much notice has everyone given their friends about the hen do? I was thinking of making a facebook event for it so people know to save the weekend and also so they can save some cash for it but not sure if now is too early ?

7 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 27 February, 2012 at 14:32
  • (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

If it's going to be a weekend away with activities then give as much notice as you can. With it being January you'll find most people will be skint with Christmas, so if you've given enough notice then people can plan there finances and maybe pay a bit off your hen every month.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

When I arranged my sister's hen weekend I gave about 10 months notice to enable everyone to save up.

I have on idea how much notice people were given for my hen do as I had no part in organising it.

I would echo what Claire said though and give everyone as much notice as possible.

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

The more specific a date/plans you have in mind, the more notice you should give people. If you don't have your heart set on something in particular, then it's probably less crucial to give lots of notice.

My BMs have organised mine and sent out the initial emails with the date in January, the hen night is in May, so about 4 and a half months notice. 2/3 of the girls invited could come, if that helps to give you an idea! Smiley smile

• Jen31601
    Beginner March 2013
    Jen31601 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your replies - I hadn't even thought about people being skint after Christmas so I will probably get on and put it on facebook this week Smiley smile

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Theres no harm in letting people know your ideas/date now. I probably gave mine about a years notice. Just because we were all discussing it and getting excited! Nothing has be booked just yet but like another poster said, January is a very poor time for most people so they could start saving now if you gave them an idea time wise.

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

I'd do it as soon as. facebook event is a good idea Smiley smile

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this for mine, my Bms organised and contacted everyone last summer for my do in may this year!! People will appreciate the heads up so they can save etc

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

As much notice as possible, especially if in January!!

I have just been emailed about a hen at the end of November, but it gives me time to save up!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics