Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hugo Brambles
Beginner August 2002

How much room do you give when driving round a parked car?

Hugo Brambles, 27 of August of 2009 at 09:49 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

OH always tells me off that I'm too close whenever I drive past a parked car. I do squeeze past I suppose partly as I have a tiny car, I'm on the road all day but mostly because I judge there to be enough room but OH says when you go past a parked car, you should give enough room to allow someone to potentially open the door? Leaving that much room seems a bit unecessary? What do you do?

7 replies

Latest activity by Nilesh, 25 of February of 2024 at 21:23
  • Lumpy Golightly
    Expert February 2003
    Lumpy Golightly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When I learned to drive I was taught to give a car door's width. It's not always possible without veering into the wrong side of the road though. Anyway, whyaren't you at https://www.hitched.freeforums.org/off-topic-f3.html ?

• Hugo Brambles
    Beginner August 2002
    Hugo Brambles ·
    • Hide content

Doh! Slow learner ? Will see you on the other side!

• Zooropa
    Super October 2007
    Zooropa ·
    • Hide content

I was taught to leave enough for a car door but h always drives as close as possible. Most of the time with cars coming in the pposite direction etc it's not really possible to leave that much room anyway.

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

I'm learning at the moment and my instructor seems to want me to be a metre away from everything. It always makes me wince though!

• Mrs Cee
    Beginner
    Mrs Cee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm learning too and and I always think I am too close to cars when driving passed, its pretty hard to judge when your not used to it.

• Wesley
    Beginner March 2024 Ontario
    Wesley ·
    • Hide content

I was depressed for months after losing a lot of money trading cryptocurrency online on elitefx. I am happy today because I was able to recover my USDT from those who stole from me through the help of [HACKRECOVERY {at} YANDEX {dot} RU]. Their support service was easy to work with and they did their job in less than two weeks without too many excuses and stories. Will advise you to reach their support service agent on the aforementioned address if you are having a similar issue.

• N
    Beginner May 2024 Maharashtra
    Nilesh ·
    • Hide content

Hello.

I accidentally sent ETH from Meta mask to ETC on robinhood. I have been trying to recover it for weeks now. I succeeded when I reached out to support on; HACKRECOVERY [at] YANDEX [dot] RU and with their help I was able to recover my lost ETH. I never knew I had a chance to get it back. So happy !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics