Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner March 2014

How much should tulips cost for wedding flowers?

misslb, 12 March, 2013 at 16:48 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hello,

I'm making appointments with florists to get a quote for flowers. I want the bouquets to be simple hand tied tulips and table decorations tulips too - I was thinking something quite simple - a large-ish glass vase with pink tulips and some greenery.

I've no idea how much this should cost and as we're already going further budget wise than we wanted to, I want to keep cost low as possible.

Is anyone else having tulips and what did it cost you?

Any input would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you!

2 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 12 March, 2013 at 18:18
  • J
    Beginner May 2013
    jonesy10 ·
    • Hide content

I have a mixture of both Tulips and Roses, as the Tulips will flop a little and my bouquest comes to £70!

• spaceman spiff
    Beginner May 2013
    spaceman spiff ·
    • Hide content

I was going to have double headed tulips and freesias with some greenery and baby's breathe for my bouquet and it was going to be 45 pound. In the end I have made a brooch bouquet instead.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

For just tulips, a smallish hand-tied would be between £50 and £70 depending on which end of the country you live in. Tulips can be support wired in wedding bouquets to stop them flopping and is a skilled wiring job so this is why the bouquets can be quite expensive as it takes time to do it properly. In vases, they sometimes get a bit unruly as they tend to twist and turn their heads towards the light which bends the stems but if you pack them in, you may be able to avoid this. They are a Spring flower so have limited availability but come in a wide range of colours and varieties as well as bi-colour too. The parrot tulips are particularly pretty for bouquets as they have a frilly edge. Hope that helps.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics