Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2013

How much space do you need to get ready?

soontobenew, 22 February, 2013 at 06:53 Posted on Planning 0 2

Probably one for you OMs out there.

I'm getting married away from home so staying at our venue the night before and getting ready there. However as we get married at midday I can't get ready in the bridal suite because it won't be ready from the bride the day before.

So I have my normal hotel room and my parents hotel room for everyone to get ready in - I have three adult bridesmaids, mum and flower girl all to have hair and make up and get dresses- is this enough?

there are no bigger rooms available, should I book another room to get ready in?

as an aside I asked the venue about space and they said we could use the corridor - thanks!!!

2 replies

Latest activity by LEN11212, 22 February, 2013 at 12:05
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

The bigger the better,the bigger rooms just feel less stressful and they all end up looking like they have been burgled, try and keep things tidy as the main point of stress I see is when you cannot find anything under all the other clothes. Don't forget the hair and make up will be one at a time and not all in one go.

If they have adjoining / linked rooms that may be easier

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I got ready in my very small cottage bedroom with my daughter in attendance. Apart from the probably increased size of the dress, it's only like getting up in the morning! Send everyone else out of the room when you want to get ready and have some peace, quiet and space.

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEN11212 ·
    • Hide content

I would say my bridal suite was the equivalent of two large hotel rooms. There was a big bathroom which we used for hair and make up (plus we all generally hung our in there, there were a few chairs, etc) plus the bedroom area where we got into our dresses.

So I would say you have enough space, but it would be very helpful if there rooms were interconnected, or at least next to each other. Can you request that?

It's good to have a completely separate room for the dresses I think, make up is best kept well away from them!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics