Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2013

How much time off work are you taking for your wedding/honeymoon?

Laura_Reena, 30 of December of 2012 at 22:30 Posted on Planning 0 22

So far I've booked off two days before and two weeks after but am considering booking more, if they'll let me see can have a longer honeymoon and/or spend time with relatives who are flying down/over for our wedding. Just wondering what everyone else is doing?

22 replies

Latest activity by Jemima Renrut, 3 of January of 2013 at 18:29
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I will be booking 16 days off work in total starting from the day before the wedding.

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

I've booked off 7 days for the wedding and honeymoon no.1 and then another two weeks for honeymoon no.2 about 3 months later

• erincat
    Beginner August 2013
    erincat ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a month off Smiley smile

booking 3 weeks off but due to 12hr shifts will work it out so have 4 off, cant wait!

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

One weeke before and two weeks after. Our leave year runs August to July and my emoloyers have allowed me to carry over 5 day from this leave year until next. I wanted to have more time off before the wedding because we're at a wedding the weekend before our ours and another the weekend before that, then a hen weekend three weeks before that.

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

I can't book any off until I get my rota, which will be only a few months before the wedding, which is quite stress-inducing! We're getting married on a saturday so hopefully will book the thursday and friday before off. We will probably just have a mini-moon after the wedding, so maybe 2-3 days off after the wedding, and then 10-14 days a few months later for our proper honeymoon.

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Our honeymoon is the two weeks after the wedding, so that's 10 days booked off, and I plan to take at least 2 days before the wedding, but I might have to work mornings because I've got to prepare for the massive evernt taking place at my property that weekend (not my fault the dates clashed, booked the wedding before I got the job!)

• Mrs_AJ2B
    Beginner March 2014
    Mrs_AJ2B ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married on a Saturday so taking weds-Friday off, then a few days after for our mini-moon then a week off for our Honeymoon later in the year

xx

• V
    Beginner September 2016
    villachick1972 ·
    • Hide content

Im taking 2 days before the wedding and then 13 days afterwards but my OH has booked the honeymoon and wont tell me where we are going but that he may have to speak to my boss to get more time off, im quite scared but also excited that he has done that ?

• snow-woman
    Beginner April 2013
    snow-woman ·
    • Hide content

I didn't have much choice in how long off I'll have - school Easter hols! We're getting married the middle Thursday so will have a week either side of the wedding. We're planning our proper honeymoon for the summer hols!

How exciting/scary Villachick! I'll bet it'll be amazing wherever he's chosen. OH threatened to do the same to me - I told him he could surprise me for a few days away at Easter but I wanted a say in the main hol!

• B
    Beginner September 2013
    BrogstarBride ·
    • Hide content

I am having 17 working days off in total! Which means im basically taking the WHOLE of my holiday allowance in one go next year!! I think it will be worth it though! I am having 2 days off before the wedding and then our honeymoon is 2 weeks and we fly back on the tuesday so im taking the rest of the week off and not going back to work until the Monday afterwards as I decided that It will be nice not to be on the plane home from Hawaii thinking " I have to go to work tomorrow!!" xx

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

I've got Wednesday 6th to Sunday 17th March off, so week and a half. Then in June for Honeymoon we've got 2 weeks off.

• Mrs.T.Talbot2b
    Beginner June 2014
    Mrs.T.Talbot2b ·
    • Hide content

Am finishing the Thursday before the Saturday wedding and got the week after of planning on a little mini moon the weekend after wedding fri-sun the we going on honeymoon in the September wedding June, we going to Orlando for 4 weeks am self employed so can take what I like off and h2b is a policeman so he save up his holidays, overtime and when he works a rest day he can take an extra day off when he wants so he save everything of to get the 4 weeks off.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I've got 14 days off work total.

Thats 2 days before the wedding (wedding on a saturday) and then 2.5 weeks after the wedding, we go on honeymoon on the monday and we get back on a saturday but I don't go back to work till the weds to give me a few days for jetlag and sorting post wedding/honeymoon stuff out.

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

I have two days off before and a week after for my mini moon plus two weeks later in the year for a proper holiday!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I've got 15 days off in total.

We get married on a Friday so am finishing work on the Tuesday. We'll aim to go on honeymoon on the Monday after the wedding and come back two weeks later. Taking an extra day off to sort ourselves out.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I just had the Friday and the Monday around the wedding weekend - I had just started a new job and so it wasn't possible to plan a honeymoon without knowing my rota. We finally went on honeymoon 9 months after the wedding, and I took 11 days off for that.

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

I teach so I have 3 weeks and 4 days before and 2 weeks and 2 days after it. A perk of the job.

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

Ive got 2 days off before. The wedding is a friday and i have to go back to work for the Monday and tuesday before going on honeymoon on the weds! Then got 12 days off for honeymoon. They were really funny about me taking more than 2 weeks off in the same month, ridiculous its my wedding ffs!

• Potato Head
    Beginner March 2014
    Potato Head ·
    • Hide content

I can have max 2 weeks as will be at uni and my easter break is only 2 weeks, so we're shortening our honeymoon. If we we're going to get married this year i could take up to a month off ?

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'll be going over to the Venue on the Wednesday of the wedding, we marry on the Saturday. Staying in Rome for a minimoon for 1 week then back to work. Trying to work honeymoon around a ski season so will take 2 weeks off a few months later, probably in the new year when new annual leave is released.

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEA2012 ·
    • Hide content

Ours worked out very well for us as we got married on the 28th december, took 4 days off over the wedding which with weekends and christmas / new year bank holidays meant 10 days off in total. Am back in work yesterday, today and tomorrow (although I'm working from home with not a lot to do!) and then we fly oon honeymoon on Sunday and have 2 weeks off (10 days hol). 4 days leave and then 10 days leave with a break in the middle and also 2 seperate holiday years means no special request or extended leave needed!

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing same as you, it will be 2 days before and 2 weeks after as that's the most OH can have, is quite like the whole week before though if I can gather lieu days, and maybe a couple more days after to recover from honeymoon depending on when we get back.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics