Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

COCOCHIQUITA1984
Beginner

How much to clean an engagement ring?

COCOCHIQUITA1984, 23 of July of 2010 at 10:53 Posted on Planning 0 18

Blimey where have all the days gone? Can't believe i've only 8 weeks now - eek!

I wanted to get my engagement ring cleaned up for the wedding day so it doesn't look all grimey and horrible next to my shiny and new wedding ring! Has anyone had this done, and if so how much did this cost? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for über cheap so I can afford all these final bits and bobs!

Thanks for your help ladies....and Happy Friday! xxx

18 replies

Latest activity by mrsgreatbatch2b, 24 of July of 2010 at 16:43
  • Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

I did and I think it was about £25 to have it re coated and cleaned ?

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

Which jewelers is it from? Mine is from beverbrooks and they will do it for free for the rest of my life and check the stone setting. Might be worth checking to see its included in original price of ring?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Earnest Jones clean them for a tenner and its done in 2 hrs. If you bought the ring from them then its free. I was going to get my wedding and ER cleaned up for tomorrows party so thank you for reminding me!

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Like 1Lucie says, it's def worth checking with your jeweller. Mine was from Earnest Jones and they did a full send off clean etc for free - only entitled to this once, and they will also give it an instore polish forever.

I had forgot about sorting this so glad you posted! Had mine sent off a while ago as there was a time limit I think to my entitlement but think I'll just get an instore polish the week before!

• bluebutterfly
    Beginner April 2011
    bluebutterfly ·
    • Hide content

The jeweller where I have since got my wedding ring from cleaned it up there and then for free, and made it 2 sizes smaller as well as I have lost a lot of weight recently. All for free.

Just before the wedding she wants to have both rings and polish them so they have the same shine.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Have mine done every year at Goldsmiths and they re-rhodium plate it and clean the diamonds for £30 - it's white gold.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

De Beers will clean my for free, forever, and in any country where there is one! They even give me a little stamp in my 'ring passport'!

• COCOCHIQUITA1984
    Beginner
    COCOCHIQUITA1984 ·
    • Hide content

Fab news - much cheaper than I thought for a recoat too (my ring is white gold). Unfortunately won't be able to get a freebie as my ring wasn't from a high street jewellers Smiley sad

Ooh on a different note just had a call from our wedding ring company saying our rings are ready for delivery now.....YAY! Can't wait to see how they have come out! xxx

• S
    Beginner
    Smuggle ·
    • Hide content

I just had my grans old wedding ring cleaned, that was her mums before that, and I think it goes back even more generations. Its about 1870, but still stunnning.

I took it to a local jeweller I really trust, he cleaned, and polished it for £25.00 he charged me another £25.00 to reset the stones, which involved cutting off the old stays and replacing them, but he's done it perfectly. You'd never know.

S.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I've been told that brasso works on yellow gold, or a silver cloth on white gold. I give my diamonds a wee shine up with the toothpaste and an old toothbrush!! now that definately does work...Iv have people say to me that my ring is very sparkley when I've done it! and it certainly catchs my eye more!! Smiley smile

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

Free! i just go into swag in bluewater every time i think it looks a bit grotty.

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

<cough> need a ring flash <cough>

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

It's not a very clear picture but it's very pretty in real life. It's set so that you can see the point of the diamond too. Mr CB did a very good job as he chose it himself (picked the stone too) and managed to buy it in the correct size!

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

<nods head> oh yes, he did a very good job. lovely ring - you can see how sparkly it is!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

T'is grubby today. Too many hours of work and play this week and it just seems to attract dirt.

The boy done good, certainly. I shall definitely be keeping him!

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm this is something that i'll have to check up on to. Mine is from H samuels, a limited edition.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics