Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2024 West Yorkshire

How much to plan ahead

Adele, 6 of February of 2023 at 20:59 Posted on Planning 0 16
I am getting married 20th july 2024. I have booked the venue and registar. When should i be buying other things like wedding dress , catering etc?

16 replies

Latest activity by B2B2023, 15 of March of 2023 at 10:11
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    For a Saturday in July, I would suggest looking now for the suppliers that matter to you most. Then you have the best choice of who is available as some suppliers get booked years in advance.
  • Kirsty
    Curious July 2024 West Midlands
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

I'm also a July 2024 bride and I have every supplier booked. I won't look at any dresses until probs July this year though! Same for Bridesmaid dresses and accessories.

I booked all of my suppliers last year and I was surprised how many were booking or already had taken booking for July '24. Some suppliers had already booked my date too.

Wouldn't stress to much yourself, but I would deffo start writing your list of what you need to book and start making some enquiries with whatever suppliers you really like the look of.

Best of luck xx

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hello! I am the same day as you! We have all the main things booked. Including the catering!! We booked everything within the month or two of getting engaged. Not because we felt we needed too, just we found the right people and I was also amazed at how booked up they were getting but luckily our dates were available. Don’t stress though, it’ll all come together how it is meant too. My make up artist doesn’t open until Exactly a year before but I may look elsewhere. I am wedding dress shopping in April. Bridesmaid shopping the end of the year. Hen planning is with my bridesmaids now but I’ve asked them not to start asking my friends until around June. I’ve started buying my bridesmaids gifts now if that’s something you want to do. We are buying the save the dates soon as some people need these a year in advance due to travel and accommodation. Anything you can do yourself start practicing now as a little hobby. Good luck and enjoy.
  • A
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was also going to wait for wedding dress shopping until june but now i am seeing lots of wedding dresses on sale up to 70% off so now i am thinking i should perhaps buy now to save money.
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Would be even better to get a bargain and if you don’t find anything, Atleast you went and had a look.
  • A
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great advise thank you . We are struggling to find catering within york that is affordable . A few are charging up to £2k for 40 people
  • K
    Beginner June 2024 Lincolnshire
    Kerry ·
    • Hide content
    I am June 24 I have also booked church and other venue and bits booked and have started wedding dress looking one as I rang a few shops to book and was already fully booked for 24
  • Kirsty
    Curious July 2024 West Midlands
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You may have to look just outside of York and see if any will travel. Some companies charge travel fees but some don't. Our venue is also doing the food, so that's one thing I never had to worry about.

Best of luck to you! I'm sure it will all come together xx

• K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    As others have said, I'd start booking now. July is peak season, so the best suppliers will book out quickly.
    I am getting married June this year and I booked most of my suppliers in early 2021, so 2 years in advance. Once it's all booked, you can relax and not worry about getting it done.

Because I done mine in advance, wedding planning has been pretty chill for me as I didn't have to rush around getting things booked.
    As for the dress, I would look anytime from now. Dresses from bridal shops tend to take 6-10 months to arrive and then you need around 3 month for alterations.
    😀
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What kind of wedding are you having? We are having food trucks and they’re under £10pp, they have said it may go up slightly but that’s ok we have budgeted for that. ! We are having 150people. And Ofcourse there will be travel and staffing in there but I thought the price was amazing! They are travelling 3 hours to us. Sometimes it pays to look further away.
  • A
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its a small gathering of 40 people in a tudor building in york. Could i have there contact details? Are they based up North?
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Unfortunately I can’t suggest my one as we get married the exact same day and I’ve booked them out, but what I mean is look further away. Sometimes it can work out cheaper if you can’t get the right price in your area.
  • Lex
    Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire
    Lex ·
    • Hide content
    Saturday’s in July are the most popular, if you want certain suppliers, I’d crack on now! I ordered my dress in May 2022 for my July 2023 wedding
  • Amie Seal Photography
    Leicestershire
    Amie Seal Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi Adele,

As some of the others have mentioned, Saturdays are the most popular and do get booked up quickly; I'm a wedding photographer and I've now had quite a few bookings for 2024 and 2025!

The other thing to mention is, everyones prices are raised in April, and you have two Aprils before your wedding, my tip would be to get as many prices locked down with deposits as possible; it will save you so many golden nuggets!!!

• Emma
    Beginner June 2024 Gibraltar
    Emma ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I'm getting married in June 2024 and have already booked, my venue, photographer, makeup artist and my caterer. I've also found my dress (purely by chance really). I don't think it's ever too early to start planning, it just means less stress for you overall the closer it gets to your wedding date. I, myself like to plan ahead!

• B2B2023
    Curious April 2023 East Central London
    B2B2023 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married end of April this year. Booked photographer last June, ordered dress in October (admittedly left that a little late), music/entertainment in November and hair/make up + flowers only last week! It really depends how particular you are. The fact I left hair/make-up and flowers late worked out well as both suppliers waived their usual minimum spend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics