Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moonpie1985
Beginner July 2012

How much will my hair grow in 15 weeks?

moonpie1985, 17 March, 2012 at 16:08 Posted on Planning 0 5

I currently have very straight hair down to just past my shoulders.

I usually have my hair very short and have been growing it since getting engaged hoping for long hair on my wedding day.

I am starting to think that I won't get the length I need, and that it will be a silly mid length, which is neither short, nor long, and that I won't be able to do a thing with it.

Please help!

5 replies

Latest activity by BatsGirl, 20 March, 2012 at 14:36
  • willumino
    Beginner June 2013
    willumino ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea how much your hair will grow, sorry, but have you looked into getting clip in hair extensions? If you get a hairdresser (or just someone who knows what they're doing) to do them for you on your wedding day they can look completely natural (apart from the fact that your hair will appear to have grown 6 inches overnight!). This works best if you have layered hair though so I would recommend talking to a hairdresser about it.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Google says hair grows 1.25cm a month, so guess it will grow nearly 4cm in 15weeks, obvioulsy depending on how fast YOUR hair grows.

You will find a style that suits, no matter what length of hair you have, so dont stress!

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    mrs jenkins 2 b ·
    • Hide content

I am having the same problem, so ive decided to have it choopped off and cut into a bob. As long hair does'nt suit me anyway.

• tonileehall
    Beginner August 2012
    tonileehall ·
    • Hide content

I have been growing my hair since about August time and it has grown about 4 or 5 inches!! I htink the key is to have it trimmed regularly, Although I do think my hair grows pretty quick! I have always had my hair very short, so hoping by my wedding its a nice length

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

On average your hair will grow about half an inch a month, and mine tends to do this. If your growth has stalled iot may be that your hair just wont grow long - mine doesn't grow past shoulder length - it grows quite fast but is short lived.

I would get booked in for a hair trial. Almost anything is possible, be it with clip in extensions, or gripping it up. I wouldn't panic and get it cut off until you have seen what they can do. It might not seem to you it ids long enough - but its amazing the illusions that can be created!

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

Good question. I got a very short bob before we started to plan the wedding. Love it but don't know what I was thinking when I did it as I now think it 'may' just reach my shoulders and the style I want calls for longer. I wish I hadn't cut it or it would have been a few inches below my shoulders come Aug!

I'm thinking of giving clip in hair extensions a go (the ones in the link are real hair). Going to talk it over with my hairdresser in the next few weeks so I will report back.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics