Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

keeley_p
Beginner July 2011

How much would a ceilidh band cost?

keeley_p, 11 January, 2010 at 12:04 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi guys,

I'm organising our wedding up in sunny Edinburgh, and I'm looking at getting a ceilidh/disco for the reception. Thing is, all the sites I've looked at have no prices on them!!

Does anyone know how much (ballpark figure) we'd be looking at? Just after a two to three hour ceilidh and then a disco to the end of the night.

Cheers!

Keeley ?

5 replies

Latest activity by Weather Girl, 11 January, 2010 at 15:24
  • Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Sorry....can't help you with the original question but can throw in another idea. Like myself, there are a few guys (DJs) in your area that offer to do a ceilidh session (including the calling etc) as part of the disco. I know its not the same as having a band but there are a few advantages such as......

They take up less space. No extra disruption to the evening with setting up and breaking down. Flexibility over when to have it and for how long. You can adjust the timings ad hock and slip between disco and ceilidh when it suits rather than be restricted to the set times that you've booked a band. Cut the cost of having two providers.

Hope thats probably given you some ideas.

• HorseFan
    Beginner September 2010
    HorseFan ·
    • Hide content

I had a quote from a ceilidh band for £650 (i'm Bedfordshire based tho)

• ebee
    Beginner January 2008
    ebee ·
    • Hide content

It really depends how many band members you want and for how long etc... I'd say you'll start roundabout £500 up to well over the £1000 mark.

• keeley_p
    Beginner July 2011
    keeley_p ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys, plenty of food for thought!

I figured it'd be a fair whack when I realised they didn't have price lists!!

I like the idea of having a DJ that does the ceilidh, but the thing is all my family's coming up from England and haven't been to one before, so I think I'd like to give them the full show, so to speak!

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a four-piece ceilidh band, including caller, playing for 3 hours & 1 hour 'disco finish' (where they just play our CD through their system) and they're costing £500 + a meal and 2 drinks each.

• Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content

I think ours was around £500 for the evening.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics