Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner

How much would you / have you paid for a wedding videographer?

esconway, 14 November, 2012 at 13:37 Posted on Planning 0 13

As a groom to be myself and in the process of making a jump into wedding videography, I'm interested to hear some thoughts from past brides and brides to be on how much they have paid for a wedding videographer.

If you don't feel like writing too much, a simple choice from below would be great!

A) £500 - £1000

B) £1000 - £1500

C) £1500 - £2000

D) £2000+

For those who do feel like writing, some thoughts on the experience you received (vs the price) would be great. Overall quality of the video, value etc

Thanks Smiley smile

13 replies

Latest activity by Canary, 14 November, 2012 at 21:45
  • jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I paid under 1k for mine but had it tailored to suit my day as we were getting ready at the venue it didn't involve any extra travel between houses, church and reception so it was good they made allowances for that and reduced the price accordingly. We had filming until first few dances in the evening. The finishing touches were extra special (a beautiful personalised boxed for our DVD), 2 extras for parents, online viewing of trailer and excellent communication.

My preview is in my signature.

• *AJS*
    Beginner December 2012
    *AJS* ·
    • Hide content

We have booked one, it is costing us under £1000.

• E
    Beginner
    esconway ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for all the info! The video looks great Smiley smile I'm curious though - ReelLoveFilms say their prices start at £1995.. how did you get it so cheap!?

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea, I did book early and noticed the price increase this year.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

We've booked one for £945 (that's with a £50 discount as our tog recommended them). It's from the arrival of the guest at the church, travelling 20 mins to the venue after the ceremony, and then up until the third or so dance.

It doesn't include bridal prep, but I spoke to my tog about that, and she said sometimes in the morning there is so much going on, adding another person in the mix can make things a bit stressful. And my parent's house is pretty small, so I decided against it.

• BowlingBride
    Beginner September 2012
    BowlingBride ·
    • Hide content

I think ours was £450 but £400 because we paid in one go, theres a link to my preview in the awards thread. She was there from 1ish until half 8ish i think, charges extra if she has to be there before a certain time or after due to travel constraints and needing a hotel. Someone on here mentioned them which is how i found out and i'm really please with what we got i think it was a bargin.

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    LC to be ·
    • Hide content

We're paying £700. This is for coverage of bridal prep, and then service through to first dance. We have two cameras at the service but only one for the rest of the day

• S
    Beginner May 2014
    staranise ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea what we are going to do regarding gifts tbh. Like everyone else we don't actually need household items, we do however need money Smiley winking We may not be having a honeymoon for financial reasons and our wedding will be low budget, so obviously money does sound appealing. However.... I have never given cash as a wedding gift. I guess for the same reason, we're skint. The last 2 wedding I went to I gave a gift, just something small that cost less than a tenner. We couldn't afford anymore, so if the couple had expressly asked for cash I might have felt uneasy because I didn't have any to give and would have felt tight just giving a fiver! Whereas buying a cheap and cheerful gift (despite the fact they probably regarded it as junk) made me feel like I was showing my gratitude for being a guest at their wedding in the best way I could. I really don't think I'd be comfortable even mentioning gifts because I know lots of my guests are just as strapped for cash as we are.

• N
    Beginner October 2014
    nheron ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, i know this isn't quite what you were asking but just thought i'd mention it..

we have decided against videography because of the cost - but what we are going to do in the evening reception is set up a camcorder (hopefully with a member of the hotel staff) where people can go and leave video messages. When looking into videography, this was an added extra so might be worth considering to keep your costs down.

We then just have to pay for a member of staff to be with it for say 2/3 hours on the night.

Beginner August 2014
    **Bridetobe2014** ·
    • Hide content

We have paid £1200 but thats because I really love the stuff they do and we are getting our photographer friend to do the photos for £300, so bargain. Our videographer is starting at my house and will finish with drunken dancing, so a long day for the money!

• E
    Beginner
    esconway ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone to the responses so far! They've been great.

As a sort of follow up question to those who have already responded - what sort of videography crew size was provided for your money? Would people be more inclined to pay more money for a larger crew, which in turn would provide a much more extensive overview of your day?

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm paying £750- its for coverage for the whole day- 1 cameraman and an additional static camera. Wouldn't have wanted to pay more than £1k regardless of whether there was 1 or a whole film crew! x

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

We had two cameramen.

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Who are you with Cinders?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇