Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shannon
Beginner October 2026 Cardiff

How not to invite someone

Shannon, 31 of May of 2024 at 13:42 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
Hi! Just a disclaimer that I know this is petty and I know it's childish. I'm in a dungeons and dragons group with my fiance. We've made some good friends in this group since it began as a group of strangers. But I don't like everyone I. The group.

In particular, I don't like the group "mum". I just don't get good vibes from her and I often keep myself away if I can. I'm wondering if there is a way of inviting the people I get along with but not her without it being awkward or like I'm trying to target her. I'm honestly not as there's another person we won't be inciting

2 replies

Latest activity by Shannon, 5 of June of 2024 at 13:08
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you're only inviting a few of the group, it's unlikely to cause offence. But if it's a big group and everyone apart from one or two is going then it's more likely to create upset. You could ask people not to mention their invites to those who are not invited, but it's still quite likely to slip out, especially if you are all meeting up together.

Obviously, you can invite/not invite whoever you want, just be aware of the potential for awkwardness if people feel left out!

• Shannon
    Beginner October 2026 Cardiff
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. I'm reconsidering offering this group ont he whole right now but I may ask them down the line if I need numbers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics