Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lady Falafel
Beginner April 2006

How often do cats need to go to the toilet in a day?

Lady Falafel, 2 of February of 2009 at 18:15 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

And how long can they hold it if necessary?

Stan's been hiding behind the sofa all day. He stuck his nose out the catflap at one point, but his legs didn't make it that far, and there are no cat prints in the snow at all.

Should I be checking for presents?

8 replies

Latest activity by mariets, 2 of February of 2009 at 21:30
  • Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

Poppy tends to go twice or three times a day at most but spends most of her day sleeping and ventures out in the evenings.

HTH.

• Lili Donkey
    Beginner July 2006
    Lili Donkey ·
    • Hide content

Kitt has a poo once a day - and normally only if H or I are at home, very rarely do we come home to a poo but more often than not he'll go the minute we get in ?

He tends to wee 3 or 4 times a day - again, usually only when one of us are on the loo.

Odd cat - can only use the litter tray when there is a human on the loo!

I wouldn't be too worried about Poppy your cat for now - if she hasn't been out by bedtime could you take her outside? Just I doubt she could last until tomorrow...

• D
    Dopper2 ·
    • Hide content

My cat usually goes out twice, but he's only been out once today. He's looking very relaxed on my bed right now, so I'm guessing he is holding ok.

• Sugarmouse
    Beginner June 2008
    Sugarmouse ·
    • Hide content

No idea as usually he's in and out all day and treats us all as butlers.

But he hates snow and rain - it messes up his fur. So today he's been out just once for an emergency dash and I think is waiting til the snow melts - which at this rate will be next weekend. We do have a litter tray for emergencies though (since moving in with MIL he did have some accidents on her lovely rugs and so we now don't take chances) so if he's really desperate he'll go in his box.

• Rosienufc
    Beginner September 2007
    Rosienufc ·
    • Hide content

No idea as my Poppy is a housecat so she just pleases herself. She has spent all afternoon trying to catch the snow through the window lol

On another note do your cats fart a lot? I have had the Popster for nearly 4 years now and must just have regained my sense of smell as I have never noticed before, but today she was STINKING ?

• Dooby
    Beginner
    Dooby ·
    • Hide content

Our Oz is a house cat so just uses his litter box as and when he needs - he looked at the snow through the window today and i think he was a bit surprised ! I bet he was thinking "that wasn't there last time I looked, how long have I been asleep for????" ? Depending on what he has been eating he can get a bit windy, his favourite trick seems to be to jump on the sofa next to me, let one rip and then bounce to the other sofa to sit with H leaving me with the worst farty smell imaginable ? so he doesn't often turkey biscuits as it seems to affect his plumbing a bit too much!

• M
    mariets ·
    • Hide content

Can't delete..

• M
    mariets ·
    • Hide content

My cat's been outside once today, for about two minutes, so I'm guessing he did what was needed.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics